+ Reply to Thread

Vision Provisioning (again)

When I first got the PPC-6601 it would never get automatically provisioned (for Vision) from Sprint. And finally Teir 2 support had me do it manually. Now that I'm all happy with the unit I carried over my old Cell number. And Vision got bumped off again. So after the phone number got transferred fairly smoothly. I manaully provisioned it again (##3282#).

Two days later what appeared to be a provisioning came in again while I was browsing and knocked me off again. Now when it dials #777 it immediately says no modem. Whenever #777 failed before due to incomplete setup it tried communicating for a few seconds and then said sorry pal.

But now it stops dead in tracks, does not appear to even try to talk. Called Sprint Tier 2 again. And they reset everything on their end. 10 minutes later provision comes in again and immediately fails. Never gets past go (no modem).

Now Vision provisioning may be down (that was most of my headaches when I first got the unit). But they said it was up.

Now Vision settings don't show up on my account. I've seen that before when provisioning was down.

Does anyone have any idea what is going on?
    Last edited by mswlogo; 11-28-2004 at 10:17 PM.

Well got back on with Tier 2 support.

They had me effectively hard reset. After that you could tell it was connecting and then later failing. that is, it's failure behavior changed.

Had to set username and password manually in unit ##3282# and then finally got back on.