+ Reply to Thread

Club i-mate has a PDA2k bluetooth patch...

http://www.clubimate.com/index.asp?PageAction=PDA2K

So.. anybody willing to guess that Sprint won't have this kinda patch, (which part of me assumes would probably work on a ppc 6600), for months, if ever?

'Love the phone, but I fear Sprint's support of it will be non-existant.
    Byron

And according to folks in the XDA III forum it does not seem to fix anything.

Originally posted by mswlogo
    And according to folks in the XDA III forum it does not seem to fix anything.
    Correct.
    John

Sprint is working on a Bluetooth patch for the 6601.
    My cat's breath smells like cat food.

Chiropractors aren't real doctors. really fat kid's Avatar
    What is the patch supposed to do? Bluetooth is working fine over here..
    Chunk Style

I would agree with you if you were right, but the Palm OS is crap.

You are lucky then ... the bluetooth in our phone ... 6601 is severely incompatable with a lot of BT devices out there. I went through 3 headsets before i found one that would work correctly. Also there is some issues with BT turning the device on when it is in sleep mode, thus running the batteries down quickly. I have also heard rumors of a better bluetooth manager. We will have to wait and see.

I have sucessfully paired a Jabra BT250 and a Bluetrek G2 wth no problems except for regular use. Keep losing connection with the device and an off and on on the Bluetooth radio is the only way to restore.

This is on both headsets.

That is one of my more serious issues as well ... the connection will drop in the middle of a phone call some times, or become very staticy, even though the headset is about 1.5 ft away.

Do you think they are working on the problem of it not sending signal strength as part of the handsfree profile? It would be great if that problem was solved.

celdridge,
    What bluetooth headset are you having problems with? A temporary fix might be to just use one of the ones other's have success with. The sony ericssons seem to be working alright with the 6601.
    E46fanatic

I am trying to pair it with the factory bluetooth system in my Toyota Prius (an advanced phone for an advanced car!). They pair up fine, and I can accept calls, hangup and talk using the Prius bluetooth audio system. However, I cannot initiate calls and dial from the Prius. It shows on the Prius display that there is no signal strength and refuses to make the call (says out of range). It thinks the 6601 is not close to a Sprint tower (it is NOT talking about the bluethooth signal strength). Of course the 6601 says it has plenty of signal but that is not getting passed to the Prius (I assume via the handsfree protocol).

Must be a bug in the 6601 bluetooth handfree protocol implementation. I sincerely hope Sprint will take notice and fix this. It will make the 6601 the premier phone for the Prius.

Bluetooth patch!

'Just your daily update to let you know its still not available.

(sorry, poor sense of humor. I know 49% of you are logging in for that info.. ther 49% of course for beep info.. and the last 2% of.. well, for the random joy of avoiding work).

Sorry guys.. DON'T HURT ME!
    btf

you got me on the trying to avoid working
    Last edited by minilog118; 12-07-2004 at 12:42 PM.

me too

As I understand it - the way the Bluetooth profile works on the Pocket PC or the Windows Smartphone you will NOT be able to initiate a call from the Bluetooth headset itself. So that in fact is not a bug of the profile but apparently a bug of the OS of the device. This was at least the way a tech has explained it to me in the past.

The BlueTrek G2 claims you can initiate MS Voice Commands through the headset and never touch the handset.

Can anyone confirm or deny this?

I guess I can't for that actuall headset -- but the level three tech I talked with re this previously said it had to do with the phone OS and not the headset.

Maybe someone who has that headset can let us know for sure -- I personally know it doesn;t work for a Logitech and Jabra headset that both functioned nicely in that manner with a Motoroal V710 and V600 and Sony Ericsson P900.

Originally posted by jcrompton
    As I understand it - the way the Bluetooth profile works on the Pocket PC or the Windows Smartphone you will NOT be able to initiate a call from the Bluetooth headset itself. So that in fact is not a bug of the profile but apparently a bug of the OS of the device. This was at least the way a tech has explained it to me in the past.
    That is correct. There is no way to map the button on a BT headset to act as the equivalent of the VC "listen" button on the PPC.
    John