+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bluetooth headset problems

OK, so how is everyone doing with Bluetooth headsets? I have tried two so far with mixed results. I first tried a Jabra BT250 and was ok but kinda static-y alot of the time. Plus, the headset would lose its connection with the phone randomly all the time.

So I thought I would try a different headset to see if the problems persisted. I successfully paired a Bluetrek G2 but like the Jabra, it is a crap shoot if it will work when I need it without having to turn the bluetooth off and on.

Anyone here having success with their bluetooth headset?

Chiropractors aren't real doctors. really fat kid's Avatar
    Check the sticky at the top of the forum.

BT200 (for non-bluetooth phones) re-paired with the PPC6601 works like a charm.
    Chunk Style

I would agree with you if you were right, but the Palm OS is crap.

Bluetooth Headsets

I bought the G2 headset and have had nothing but problems. Which headset actually works with the ppc-6601?
    Micah

Thanks guys for sharing your issues. I was about to order the G2. Sounds like the PPC-6601 has issues with bluetooth period.

I'm using the Motorola 8210. It works like a charm.

Which one is the Motorola 8210? I can't seem to find it anywhere.

I apologize for my typo. The model is HS810.

I have the Motorola HS820. Seems to work well also. That will have to do until the Jabra BT800 comes out
    E46fanatic

PPC6600 ROM=1.36.00 Ext=1.36.113 MannieBothans's Avatar
    Pardon my ignorance, but because JABRA BT800 complies with Bluetooth version 1.2, would that be a problem with the 660X?

Originally posted by vandoc
    I have the Motorola HS820. Seems to work well also. That will have to do until the Jabra BT800 comes out

Originally posted by MannieBothans
    Pardon my ignorance, but because JABRA BT800 complies with Bluetooth version 1.2, would that be a problem with the 660X?
    I believe the 660x supports BT1.2

BT's WORKING

I would like to buy another BT set, but the one's in the sticky are not working 100% . Is there a problem with the BT radio in the PPC 6601???

BT

By the way I tried two Motorola HS 810 and they could not keep connected, I also tried a BT 110 and it did not work.

I did some checks at other pocket pc sites and it seems that the HS 810 will not work on a permanent basis. No fault of the headtset but of the handheld.

Found one that works

I ordered the Motorola HS820 and it has been working like a charm. I have also just recieved my third device from sprint and haven't experienced the dreaded sound as of late. Keep all extremeties crossed that this is the fix....
    Micah

I posted at another spot but I wanted to confirm with you guys what I had been told. Have any of you been able to initiate a call fromt he Bluetooth headset for the 660x?

How do you initiate your calls?

I have tried the Logitech Blutooth Headset that I have been usiing on other phones for a while. It is agreat headset in that I don;t have to charge it for sometimes 2 or 3 weeks and the sound is CLEAR. However, with the 660x (Sprint or Verizon --I tried both) it doesn;t work so well. It loses connection very easily and has static that I never experienced on any other phones.

Bluetooth Headsets

I can both initiate, reject and answer calls with my Motorola headset. I don't have voice recognition but other than that the Headset works as intended.
    Micah

Re: Found one that works

Originally posted by TMicah
    I ordered the Motorola HS820 and it has been working like a charm. I have also just recieved my third device from sprint and haven't experienced the dreaded sound as of late. Keep all extremeties crossed that this is the fix....
    So you sent yours back to Sprint twice already? Was it that you complained about the "dreaded sound"? Who did you call for the swap?

And it is definately good to hear about the HS820. I bought one off of Ebay last night so we'll see.

when u say iniate, but dont have voice command, what exactly r u doing? I am thinking bout pickin up one of the Moto headsets today.

I am not sure if we are going to be able to find a headset that supports "Voice Command" because you have to push an attention button on the PPC. Unless someone makes one particular (branded) for VC, I think finding one off the shelf is going to be close to impossible.

Voice recognition on a regular mobile phone works a bit different than on our PPCs.

Headset and Device

When I say initiate I me redial the last number from the bluetooth Headset when the phone is in standby mode. I was able to keep the device paired up until today, I have been testing it periodically all day and it's still working.

As far as getting the device replaced, short of threatening to show up at one of the various call centers across america with full riot gear in tow! I requested that they either fix the issue before the close of the call or have another device on my door step until they find one that doesn't beep!

Third time seems to be a charm I was on an hour long call no beep. I just got it yesterday however, I am praying that it will not dissappoint me as the next step will be to get a full refund and go back to the toshiba 2032 which will kick rocks(that's bad!).
    Micah

I received my HS820 tonight from Ebay and it has stayed connected for several hours. This looks good. I will know more tomorrow since it will be a full day of use.

Crossing my fingers.