+ Reply to Thread

Question Email setup w/Comcast

I am a recent convert from a Treo 600 to the PPC-6601. I had a great year with my Treo, but needed a bit more screen and internal memory than what the 650 has to offer.

So far I am having great luck with the 6601, but was spoiled with having the mail software that worked like a champ with the Treo and Comcast. I cannot seem to get Outlook configured with the 6601 to send or receive email with my comcast account. I am using the same configuration as with my other computers, but no luck. Anyone have any advice?

Thanks ...

Administrator
    do you have the servers for the comcast acct?

have you used the poutlook email wizard in the mail settings? this allows you to input the server names, username/password in. have you done all of that?

email Comcast

I had a similar problem, I could receive, but not send email. I think my problem was that Comcast doesn't allow me to use their SMTP server because with Sprint wireless data shows up outside their network. I use my Yahoo Plus mail and their SMTP server and it works fine now. What email program are you using? Snapper Mail and Eudora worked OK for me.

oops

It looks like you have a pocket PC not a Palm. The SMTP server options still might help.

Administrator
    yes this could also be the case but since he was able to use the settings on the treo it would seem that he will be able to use them here. if he had a sprint version treo then he was still using the same network thats he's using now...

Make sure you check off "Authorize on send mail". Wizard does not step you by this. It's on an adavnced button on the last page of the wizard I think. I stumble on this problem every time I set up Pop email.

Outlook works fine.