+ Reply to Thread

Be careful with WriteRights

Got a replacement phone and new WriteRights.

This is my first experience with WriteRights.

Wow, these things are really nice. But...

This was a brand new phone so I thought the screen was clean.

It was perfect except for a blemish in the corner. Turns out there was a little blob of goo on the upper right hand corner that I thought was lint. So I lift the corner with tape and turned out to be stuborn to get off. By the time I got it off lint was everywhere. And I couldnot get the corner back down because it was slightly under the lip. Chaulk it up to experince.

Clean the whole screen with the kit.

Pop out a new WriteRight and place it on. Now I have 5 very small pieces of lint. I can live with it but my first pass was much better (even with the goo). Wait a minute the screen is dead. IT CAN'T BE DEAD. My new phone. It's dead, it's really dead. I must have disabled it somehow from pushing all the buttons. Soft reset. Still dead. Search Google, nada. HARD reset (I just had got done reloading it). still dead !!! I killed it.

Did I put the wrong piece on the screen? Let me peel it off.

It works !!! And it was the right piece I put on the screen.

What I think happened is somehow I created tension on the screen. And it was bowing in or out slightly.

Too bad I didn't pull it off BEFORE I hard reset it.

2 dead WriteRights and a working phone phew.

Oh man.....what a PITA. I am sorry, but I couldn't help but laugh at this post as I was reading it. BUT I promise, I wasn't laughing AT you, I was laughing WITH you.

I have enough trouble overcoming my own limitations without fretting over the fact that God hasn't seen fit to distribute evenly the gift of intelligence.

Sorry these were WriteShields not WriteRights. I still plan to get more and just be more careful and patient putting them on.