+ Reply to Thread

EVDO speed on Verizon

I received and activated my XV6600 on Verizon this morning. I've tested speeds using several speed test sites and am getting 350-500Kbps! I live in an EVDO area and am quite impressed.

WirelessSync is working quickly - even while downloading attachments

wireless synch

Can you clarify what the wireless synch lets you do?

I was wondering if it's just like having your 6600 in its cradle and doing an activesynch?

My issues has always been I'm not using a mail server -- just would like to synch with my computer over the phone connection when I'm remote. Seems like it should be basic but I've never been able to find or read a way to do it unless you have a corporate mail server, etc...
    http://www.digitalhomepicks.com

Re: EVDO speed on Verizon

Originally posted by jjohnson
    I received and activated my XV6600 on Verizon this morning. I've tested speeds using several speed test sites and am getting 350-500Kbps! I live in an EVDO area and am quite impressed.

WirelessSync is working quickly - even while downloading attachments
    Awesome. Sprint better implement it soon or I'm off to Verizon, especially if they go $15/month for data.

It does all the sync functions of having your PDA sync'd in the cradle: Email, Calendar, Contacts, Tasks, and Notes.

Administrator
    bear in mind -DO is new and therew are not a ot of folks that have -DO compliant gear. thsoe are some impresive speeds but as more and more people sign on with -DO gear, that wiil reduce.. reminds of when 2.5 G was implemented... everyone was enjoying the 60-80 kbs speeds!

congrats on the phone!!

Is EVDO available in boston Area? I hope not so I won't kick myself so hard.

Is this EV-DO connection always on? Like will i be able to have AIM/MSN running constantly?

Administrator
    -DO is always on as long as the market you are in has the supporting infrastructure....

Can it do voice and data simultaniously. Or is it like 1xRTT?