+ Reply to Thread

Angry Without Bluetooth, is 6600 worth it?

Hey everyone. I know I'm new, but as I was reading through the posts, I haven't seen one really good review of the 6600's bluetooth capabilities when using a headset. I currently own a Samsung i700, and I like it. I'm drooling over the 6600, but if the Bluetooth/Headset connectivity is bad, the 6600 isn't all that much different from the i700 except the 128mb memory and WM2003SE. Is the 6600's bluetooth connectivity that bad? Because I think that that is one of the most important features of this phone. Does anyway see what I'm saying?
    Noci corrundum illegitimus

Re: Without Bluetooth, is 6600 worth it?

Originally posted by doctajay
    Hey everyone. I know I'm new, but as I was reading through the posts, I haven't seen one really good review of the 6600's bluetooth capabilities when using a headset. I currently own a Samsung i700, and I like it. I'm drooling over the 6600, but if the Bluetooth/Headset connectivity is bad, the 6600 isn't all that much different from the i700 except the 128mb memory and WM2003SE. Is the 6600's bluetooth connectivity that bad? Because I think that that is one of the most important features of this phone. Does anyway see what I'm saying?
    If bluetooth is important, wait. EVERY version of this phone has bluetooth problems. The O2 model.. qtek.. verizon, sprint. GSM, Sprint.

Its universal, which means its a lot more customers then just sprint. I'd wait and see what the response is from everybody. There's bound to be one.

btf

OJM
    Agreed - wait. BT problems are one of the reason that my 6601 is going back to Sprint. I constantly have to re-pair it with my headset (have tried the Jabra bt200 and the Motorola hs820). Oh well, I will deal with the Treo 650 memory issues and continue my search for the smartphone Nirvana.

PS The 6601 would be perfect if it:
    A) Was 20 - 25% smaller/lighter
    B) Had no BT glitches
    C) Had better 5 way navigation control to make it more one-hand friendly
    OJM Brooklyn

Originally posted by OJM
    Agreed - wait. BT problems are one of the reason that my 6601 is going back to Sprint. I constantly have to re-pair it with my headset (have tried the Jabra bt200 and the Motorola hs820). Oh well, I will deal with the Treo 650 memory issues and continue my search for the smartphone Nirvana.

PS The 6601 would be perfect if it:
    A) Was 20 - 25% smaller/lighter
    B) Had no BT glitches
    C) Had better 5 way navigation control to make it more one-hand friendly
    20-25% lighter YET? My GOD MAN do you KNOW WHAT YOU ASK?!

The batteries most of the weight as is with some of these pda's these days.

btf

If bluetooth is critical, I don't blame you.

I wish they did not waste weight on the slide out key board.

My priorities are:

1) Good phone
    2) Good coverage
    3) Good PDA
    4) Cheap internet access

The rest is icing on the cake. And I do have a sweet tooth.

So for me, yes this phone is worth and I hope they fix the bluetooth issues.

For me the h6315 was a crappy phone and GSM bad coverage. Even though it had few nice sweets like built in WIFI and bluetooth that was more stable. As PDA it was also kinda just so so due to being slow.
    Last edited by mswlogo; 12-03-2004 at 03:13 PM.

I currently own an i700 myself. At first I thought the 6600 wasn't worth the update, but now I can't wait.

Bluetooth issues aside, the processor is said to be much better than the snails pace of my overclocked i700 processor. Memory issues with the i700 are rampant. 64 MBs is just not enough anymore.

No antenna. Thank you, thank you.

Slide out keyboard. Yes, want it.

EvDO. Nuff said.

WM2003SE. For me this is really worth it too. I can finally look at PDFs from school or work and not have to work through the frustration of scrolling this way and that for every single line.

If Verizon can pull of a cheaper unlimited data plan and/or allow me to use EvDO through my minutes, I'm good to go.

Some things I'm looking for in my next upgrade after the 6601(possibly XDA IV):
    1. VGA
    2. Thinner, lighter, smaller. PDA should be mostly screen.
    3. Built in GPS would be nice (but I'm not counting on it).
    4. A new OS (WM2005 I guess).
    5. Faster processor.
    6. Dual SD slots would be nice as well but I'm not counting on that either.

Last edited by maximum360; 12-03-2004 at 03:40 PM.

And Wifi built in.