+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Pricing on Verizon 6600 and Plans

Cheryl called me this morning and wanted to make sure that everyone was aware of the promotional pricing that is available in Texas. Knowing that not everyone is from Texas, you can use this information when discussing price with the Rep who is handling these orders for your area.

Audiovox VX6600 = $549.99
    Voice rebate = $50.00
    Data Rebate = $100.00

Your final cost may vary depending on your individual situation, but you should expect to pay around $399 for the device. Again, the prices may vary from state to state but you at least have the Texas rates to use for a negotiating tool.
    Ascii stupid question, get a stupid Ansi.

as always EH, very helpful.

thank you.

And here are the rate plans that I've been given:

VAL PK 750TXT/40PIX/MW $14.99

OPTIONAL FEATURES
    $10/1000 Weekends (National SingleRate add-on)
    5MB BLACKBERRY $34.99
    Enhanced Voice Mail
    Extended Warranty
    Mobile Web $4.99
    Mobile Web 2.0 MP - $4.99
    PDA/Smartphone 5MB $24.99
    PDA/Smartphone UNL $44.99
    PIX 20 MSG BUNDLE $2.99
    PIX 40 MSG BUNDLE $4.99
    PIX MSG Basic $0
    Roadside Assistance
    TXT MESSAGING 100-$2.99
    TXT MESSAGING 250 - $4.99
    TXT MESSAGING 1000-$9.99
    TXT MSG - 2500 MSGS - $19.99
    TEC Lockline $4.99
    TEC Asurion $4.99
    Unlimited Blackberry $44.99
    WPP Insurance-Lockline $3.99
    WPP Insurance-Asurion $3.99
    Detail Billing $1.99
    Streamlined Billing $0.00
    Natl In-Net-1000 Mins/ $10.00
    NAT ACC FLATRATE $79.99

Pan

Yow

$44.99 for unlimited data? I'm used to paying $15 through Sprint. Is there a difference in funtionality or is Verizon just pricier?

EVDO is much much much much much much faster.

did i mention it's faster?

Originally posted by BaldyTheEagle
    EVDO is much much much much much much faster.

did i mention it's faster?
    Except that if you are not in an EVDO area, it's irrelevant and then you are paying $44.95 for the same thing that cost $15.00 on Sprint.
    Jeff

HTC Fuze

Pan
    Originally posted by jglev
    Except that if you are not in an EVDO area, it's irrelevant and then you are paying $44.95 for the same thing that cost $15.00 on Sprint.
    So if I'm not in one the the 14 cities listed as BroadbandAccess (http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/c...ROADBANDACCESS) (I'm not) then I'm out of luck for EVDO? And I assume that there is not cheaper no-EVDO plan that I can subscribe to.

Originally posted by Pan
    So if I'm not in one the the 14 cities listed as BroadbandAccess (http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/c...ROADBANDACCESS) (I'm not) then I'm out of luck for EVDO? And I assume that there is not cheaper no-EVDO plan that I can subscribe to.
    technically you are just out of luck until they roll it out to your city.

the regular data is not that bad and there is no price difference.

i think they will speed up rolling it out pretty soon here to beat Cingular (that just announced its plans for a nationwide 3g network very soon) to the market.
    Tanguy de Courson

Originally posted by Pan
    Right now you would be but coverage is speading quickly. It was only a couple of months ago that it was only availble in two cities.

As far as pricing goes, Cingular charges $44.95 for data and they are on GPRS. Sure, Sprint has a killer data plan, as long as you don't use your unlmited plan "too much". Verizon is not the cheapest, but they are competitive and they have beaten Sprint to the punch with the EV-DO rollout. From what I understand, they are considering changing prices to be more competative with Sprints plan. So who knows?

Converged. It didn't even hurt! tuckeyr's Avatar

Plan question

I am currently a 7135 user. My data usage is coming out of my total minutes.... is this no longer an option? (This is all so confusing to me!) I can't help it - I'm getting old.

Currently at sprint have the following plan
    2000 anytime minutes
    -shared between 2 phones
    -unlimited vision
    for $85
    -25% corporate discount
    =$63.75

If verizon could come within $20 of this I would switch.

on a pocket PC phone, Sprint's website says It's $30/ month for unlimited data.

That's still better than Verizon's $45. If big V did that for EvDO I would probably bite. $15-20 would be fair though.

Originally posted by digitaltrader
    Currently at sprint have the following plan
    2000 anytime minutes
    -shared between 2 phones
    -unlimited vision
    for $85
    -25% corporate discount
    =$63.75

If verizon could come within $20 of this I would switch.
    Why don't you be a little more fair in your comparison. I don't think Verizon is going to drop their prices just for you. Price for the plan you mentioned is now $100 + $5 F&CA plan (if you're going to get coverage in as many places as the VZW AC plan).

I do think Sprint is a better value especially when you add data into the picture, but your comparison wasn't a good one.

Perhaps a new dedicated thread can show a "daily price data-graph" of the carriers. Competition should start heating up. There appears to be many of us waiting to purchase the 6600 but the data- plans appear ambiguous.

If you are comparing voice and data plan prices, VZW will lose 100% of the time. In-Network calling is the only feature which helps make VZW more competitive. People stay with VZW for other reasons.

OTOH, I would like to find the best price on the PPC-600X

Originally posted by corecomm
    Perhaps a new dedicated thread can show a "daily price data-graph" of the carriers. Competition should start heating up. There appears to be many of us waiting to purchase the 6600 but the data- plans appear ambiguous.
    From what I've read on forums, it seems like SPCS is more liberal on their "unlimited" plans. VZW limits you to 100MB per month. It seems like that could go pretty fast. With EVDO, it will get used up even faster. Everyone should go back to the 14.4 kbps plan so the 100MB will last all month!

Hmm seems ironic to have a 100mb cap on a "Unlimited" Plan. I never saw anything about this in VZW's fine print.

It's been discussed on many threads in howard forums. I'm not sure if it's in their fine print, but if you start going over, they will warn you, and if you keep it up, they will cut you off.

Originally posted by norbert
    From what I've read on forums, it seems like SPCS is more liberal on their "unlimited" plans. VZW limits you to 100MB per month. It seems like that could go pretty fast. With EVDO, it will get used up even faster. Everyone should go back to the 14.4 kbps plan so the 100MB will last all month!
    I go through up to 90 MB a day using a TMobile GPRS connection (which I'm using until Sprint starts selling the PPC-6600/6601 in stores--given what appears to be a fairly high defective unit rate, not unusual for a cutting-edge product, I just prefer to buy at a brick-and-mortar store).
    In addition to their unstated 100MB, Verizon's TOS explicitly prohibits things like streaming audio/video, which I have confirmed with Sprint customer service is allowed with Sprint so long as the streaming is directly to the device, and not by cable/BT to another device/PC.
    IMHO, there's no question that for this kind of device, Sprint offers by far the best value.
    Mick

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast