+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Pocket Plus! Issue

Whenever I click and hold the "Close button" it freezes and then I can't close anything at all. Have to soft reset.

make sure you have the recent upgrade. same thing happened until i upgraded the software

I have the latest vers 2.2...

I've read numerous accounts of Plus! slowing down the the OS. I expereinced that slowdown, but I was hopeful I would get over it by the sheer nature of how usefull the program was/is. I, however have just deleted it off my unit for the following MAJor issues:

Slow down (to the point where transcriber wouldn't even recognize)
    Close button issue (read above)
    #1 reason - I believe it changed my phone, hang up, directional keypad buttons mapping. Every time I pressd my green phone button, keypad direction or key pad button, or phone hang up CONTACTS would pop up.
    I literally had to unplug my battery restart and reconfigure my entire phone!

Not happy with SPB!!! Love the program, hate the bugs!!!

That's very sad to hear. I still have the G, but was looking forward to using P+ on the new one.
    Has anyone contacted SPB about the problem? Maybe there's a fix.
    SteveM
    Sprint HTC EVO 4G

Administrator
    slowing down? what is it doing? is it installed on SD card or in main memory.....

Main memory

Administrator
    well try the card and see if that makes a difference....

im running spb on my 256 card on ppc 2002 and its not slow to the touch...

Marc,
    Only a 256, I thought you had way more programs than that!
    SteveM
    Sprint HTC EVO 4G

Well, until someone can come up with another option, I guess I am stuck with Spb. Magic buttons was kinda screwy with the phone app, and I can't find a shortcut proggie that is equally as good as Spb.
    I have enough trouble overcoming my own limitations without fretting over the fact that God hasn't seen fit to distribute evenly the gift of intelligence.

That's what's so upsetting about this news. I've tried them all, believe me! Pocket Plus is the best out there.
    SteveM
    Sprint HTC EVO 4G

Is spb Pocket Plus 2.2 stable

Ok, Pocket Plus looks cool, but everything is working pretty good for me right now.

No beep in almost 2 weeks.
    Battery doing great.
    Bluetooth DUN issue, but USB works fine.
    Got my WriteShield on
    EB Case on the way.
    Still gotta find a real car charger though.

Anyway, is SPB Pocket Plus 2.2 stable?

I'm not willing to give up ANY stability (zero, zip, nada)
    Nor any battery life.

If this is the case I'd really like to try it.

I really don't like "trying" too much stuff out since you never know how clean uninstalls are. I know, I've written many .

P.S. My wife is ready to KILL me I've spent so much time with this thing instead of her. "Huh, honey were you talking to me...(while pecking away)".

It's possible that the Today portion is the unstable part of Plus!, I may give it another shot. I hate having to go into settings to actually CLOSE programs!

Well, you don't want to try install Pocket Plus onto a storage card.

see:
    http://www.spbsoftwarehouse.com/prod...upport.html?en

21. Why I shouldn't install Pocket Plus onto a storage card?
    Pocket Plus is a system tool that is loaded before storage card drivers on some devices. Installing Pocket Plus onto a storage card may result in various problems with Pocket Plus operation, as well as affect overall system performance.

I have it .. Running it does slow down the machine i had to remove it off the today page.. I might remove it all together though.
    Im bitter, why cant I get a VGA pda phone phone with a high speed data carrier in the US? is that to much to ask?

Administrator
    i have had pocket plus on my SD card for over a year... it works just well.. dont believe everything you read... i dont care if it came from the developer.. they cant test every device to see if it will work on sd so they throw out a blanket statement to keep people from having issues...

i dont see why pp is causing you guys so much grief.. perhaps they will release a better update to accomodate wm2003 SE...

Unhappy

Hi Ikaufma1,

Since last week, I have had what you excatly had.

Originally posted by lkaufma1
    #1 reason - I believe it changed my phone, hang up, directional keypad buttons mapping. Every time I pressd my green phone button, keypad direction or key pad button, or phone hang up CONTACTS would pop up.
    I doubt if it was caused by Spb pocket plus. I removed it, after Soft reset, the same problem remained. I did a hard reset, lost everything. To my surpurise, the same problem still remained.

I wonder it was caused by something else.

Ikaufma1, have your had your issue resolved ? Or anyone else here experience the same problem ?

Thanks.

After removing Plus I have never had the issue related to the mapping of the phone buttons or keypad to CONTACTS after I hard reset.

I was going to try Pocket Plus but after reading about all the problems I don't think so. Has any of you contacted the developer to see if they will address some of the stability and performance issues any time in the near future?

I had sent them email, and they replied me to inquire further information about my device, programs installed etc. stuff. I'll post it if I got a solution from them.