+ Reply to Thread

Anyone use HBH-660 with 6601 yet?

Mostly curious if the caller ID on the HBH-660 will work with the 6601.

Hi Tech Trader
    Same here.

Also this will be my first BT headset, so I'm curious as to how clear the sound is, if there is any static, and how long the battery lasts.

I'm used to charging my phone every night. Its a habit I picked up waaaaaay back when I had my Treo 300!

I have the 660 and the caller-id does work and most importantly, it works flawlessly on the 6601. The sound quality is excellent. It is difficult for me to comment on the battery life. I use it on phone calls about 2 hours a day and another 6 hours or so in standby. The battery meter still shows about 25% before I charge it every night.
    Last edited by Maniac8888; 12-06-2004 at 10:37 PM.

Hi Tech Trader
    That's the best news I've heard all day!

As soon as the "Beep" issue is resolved, and the camera version released, I'm in smartphone Heaven!

Awesome!
    iPhone 3GS !!

Originally posted by Maniac8888
    I have the 660 and the caller-id does work and most importantly, it works flawlessly on the 6601. The sound quality is excellent. It is difficult for me to comment on the battery life. I use it on phone calls about 2 hours a day and another 6 hours or so in standby. The battery meter still shows about 25% before I charge it every night.
    Are you able to your voice command to initiate calls with it without touching the phone?

No, that is a limitation with MS Voice Command, unfortunately. Hopefully this will be fixed in the next release.

Originally posted by Maniac8888
    I just received my 660 and it paired up to my 6601 without any problems. However, the caller id # has only shown up once or twice. I performed several soft resets, but that didn't fix the problem.

Any ideas on how to fix this problem?

Thanks!

You could try using the 3100 Bluetooth patch.

Don't know if it will fix that problem.

I'm using the HBH-300 which has same vintage firmware.

HBH-660 the good, the bad, and the ugly

So as someone new to this forum, I tried to search for some good information on this BT headset, but couldnt really get an idea of what works and does not. A lot of people posted in the poll that they like it, so I was wondering what the best/worst parts of it are.

In particular:
    - Do names appear or is it just numbers? I know this feature is designed for SE phones.
    - Does this headset disconnect in sleep mode making it impossible to answer if your phone turns off?

Thanks. I am thinking about buying this.

IMHO, this headset rocks.

Only the numbers appear, and the screen is only 7 digits, so it oddly displays the first 6 digits, the scrolls to show the remaining four. This is a little weird at first, but the good new is it gets easier, a you start to recall the last four digits of the people who call frequently.

So, it is not perfect, but I would not trade it for one without. I think it is infinitely better to look at it and know who's calling before answering as opposed to the units which don't have CID.

The headset does not "disconnect" per se during phone standby (it reports being connected), but it sometimes does not initiate when the phone rings. Pushing the button on the unit resolves this most of the time and answers the phone.

I never have a problem with volume or other callers complaining that they are having a hard time hearing me, the range is excellent, can be charged in the car, it is professional looking without any silly flashing lights, etc.

My only wish at this point is that it had a little better battery life. With the stock PPC battery it wasn't an issue. But with the extended 2200 mAh battery, the phone can go longer than the headset when talking!

-BD

Overall, it's a good headset. I get static at about 15 feet, but for close stuff it works great. As for the caller ID, forget about it in most cases, it's so small and the way the LCD is set into the piece slightly, there are always shadows...makes it very hard to read in most cases.
    PPC6600
    HBH-660

I own the HBH660 with the XV6600

I have a couple of gripes.

The volume is not that loud at the highest setting.

The hook that goes on your ear can easily pop off when you attempt to put on the headset with one hand, and many times it does not feel very secure in your ear.

The battery life is not very good.

Sometimes depending on where you keep your phone (in your coat, on your belt, pocket) you can get static.

I bought it, because it seems like all the other headsets somehow are worse.

On the positive side, it wakes up very quickly and pairs easily. The caller ID is useless.

/hlh