+ Reply to Thread

Anyplace in NJ to see/hold/touch one

Anyone know of any place in NJ to be able to touch one of these and see how they feel. Located in Monmouth County.

thanks,

Larry

Larry,

I'm in New Jersey. Looking to see one myself.

let me know if you find anything. If anyone has bought one in my area and is will to show it off - would appreciate it.

Just buy it, you will love it. Resistance is futile!
    Tom

probably would......I'm overdue for a new toy. but I do want the camera version if I can find out if it will be coming out from Verizon

I've got one. I live in Middlesex county, if anyone is interested I wouldnt mind showing mine off.

maniac719,

From Union County, NJ here. What carrier do you reccomend and why?

I'm currently using SPCS and have been thinking about going over to Verizon for the EVDO but in honesty I've been very very happy with Sprint PCS. Data speed on 1xrtt is pretty fast and coverage is good I only roam on Verizon once in a blue moon.

James

FWIW, I went into the local Verizon store that is the most PDA-friendly and asked about a demo of the "6600" unit. She asked if I meant the LG-6100. When I pulled out the first page of the PDF, she immediately recognized it. I asked her why she knew the page before she had time to even read it. She said they've had about 10 people in waving the same page at her.

I asked her what she told them. She said most people were satisfied to know that they didn't have it yet. I told her I'm not one of those people. She said they haven't been told anything. I said, what a shock. When I said, "no, really" all she could say was the same story from EvilHomer's thread, that retail stores can order through the data group just like we can on our own. I left it as "no-touchee, no-buyee" and she said see you in a week or so. I raised an eyebrow, she winked.

The main bummer about the 6600 for me is that my wife has always gotten the hand-me-down. Problem is, she already has an i700. I'm at least waiting for the camera, but I may be able to hold out for an MPx. Sleeve was weak.
    -s

Well, I've confirmed that mine has been shipped, on it's way...the goodness starts tomorrow morning by 10:00 (FedEx...don't fail me like you normally do!!!!).

If anyone is close to Hamilton Square (Hamilton, NJ), I'd be happy to put it on display and run little demos (once I get things working). I normally eat at Chick-Fil-A for lunch (work across the street....Hamilton Center)
    Mobile Pimp: Fujitsu P7010D, Audiovox 6600, Playstation PSP, iGo Juice (70), Kingston 5gb PC-Card, SDIO Socket Wifi, Socket BlueTooth GPS, Socket CF BT Adapter, PNY 4 in 1 Memory Adapter.

where's hamiltom? I'm in Marlboro. Maybe we should pick an exit on the GSP <G>

Originally posted by larryg
    where's hamiltom? I'm in Marlboro. Maybe we should pick an exit on the GSP <G>
    LOL...you're probably right down the road from me. Hamilton is in Mercer County, about 10 minutes or so from Trenton. I live in Old Bridge, right off Rt.18 (Pine Gate). So even the E. Brunswick Mall or McDonalds on Rt. 9 or something could work.

I'll PM you with my e-mail address and we can probably set something up.
    Mobile Pimp: Fujitsu P7010D, Audiovox 6600, Playstation PSP, iGo Juice (70), Kingston 5gb PC-Card, SDIO Socket Wifi, Socket BlueTooth GPS, Socket CF BT Adapter, PNY 4 in 1 Memory Adapter.

Hey there,
    I'm originally from White Horse, right down the road from Ham Sq.
    SteveM
    Sprint HTC EVO 4G

Big Calhoun

Route 18 is a hop, skip and jump - anywhere near Legends Golf Center? Or Wawa...rr futher north. You name the time/place - maybe Saturday or Sunday and I'll meet you and buy you a cup of coffee.

Larry

anyone with this phone in Morris County that would consider showing it off? I'm particularly interested in knowing if EV-DO appears to be "unofficially" available here since it only appears to be in the Newark area if you look at Verizon's map.

guess there's no meeting this weekend on Route 18?

Hey Larry. I didn't forget about ya. Been playing with the holiday crowds at the malls and taking care of a PG wife.

Let me know if you're available this coming week. I'm usually free after 7:00 PM or so. You can shoot me an e-mail at bhudro@aol.com.

Big Calhoun,

Just in case you check this more often then aol mail, at your convienience. I'm free this evening or wednesday evening. Name the time and place.

Larry