+ Reply to Thread

Verizon XV6600 Bluetooth?

Hi Folks.

I have not been so lucky to get one of the units yet.

Can you guys relate any experiences with your Bluetooth (I know there is a separate BT success/failure thread, but I am concerned about VZW only)?

IE: have you been able to transfer files to/from the XV, connect a headset, sync with your PC, sync with another BT PDA, etc..

Thanks much!!!

100+ views and not a single reply??

I'm using the HS810 from Motorola. Works great for me.

where can I get one of these new phone/pda devices XV6600 ?

Bluetooth works fine. Nothing disabled.

Originally posted by Bristolview
    Bluetooth works fine. Nothing disabled.
    all i ever ever wanted to hear! yeeeeeha

So far I have successfully paired and used a Motorola HS810, a Motorola HS820 and an iPaq 3870 (built-in bluetooth).

The HS810 was a friend's that he had been using for a couple of months. It paired easily and quickly, connected and worked very well.

The HS820 was a brand new (uncharged). I gave it a little charge (against the advice of the instructions) and could easily pair it with my XV6600, but could not get it to recongnize/connect properly. After several attempts, I decided to charge the headset completely (until the blue light goes out) and try again. Even with the full charge it would not pair, but I also noticed my XV6600 was acting funny. Every time the XV6600 went to sleep, it would wake itself up after 30 seconds. It continued to repeat this cycle. When I turned the bluetooth off, it was fine. After a soft reset, everything was fine. After this, the HS820 paired and connected/worked just fine. I am not sure if all this was a result of trying to pair the HS820 after just a short (10 minutes or so) charge or the result of something else.

My iPaq 3870 was no problem... I paired the devices easily and was able to browse each device, transfer files and exchange business cards... I have not messed with DUN and using the XV6600 has a "bluetooth modem" for the iPaq yet. I will post an update once I do this.

There have been suggestions in http://forum.xda-developers.com that the bluetooth stack for the Verizon device is actually newer then the 6601 and GSM versions that are having problems.

'Could be that this difference makes the verizon model work.. No word yet on those people trying to extract the files.

btf