+ Reply to Thread

Stowaway Bluetooth Keyboard & PPC-6601

Howdy...

After trying a few different keyboards (ie. Targus) that didn't work with my phone, I'm happy to report that the ThinkOutside Stowaway bluetooth keyboard works VERY well with the PPC-6601.

The keyboard is fast and responsible, and has nice, large keys (as opposed to some of the 4-row keyboards that have mini-keys). I have no problem using it with the phone in it's cradle 5 feet away, and the phone stands up well in the attached stand.

Unlike others, it doesn't seem to have any problems with the built-in keyboard either. I was able to use both the bluetooth keyboard and the phone's thumbpad at the same time...

I haven't tried using a BT headset at the same time yet, but I have heard that there isn't a problem with it...

I bought this from ebuyer.com for $89.00. So far, very happy...

- Regards,

Ben
    Ben Freedman

Awesome. I love Stowaways. I have the infrared for my i700. Very well designed products.
    -s

XV6600 w/Think Outside Keyboard

Will the Think Outside IR keyboard work with the XV6600? if so what drivers do I download?

Bump for this thread.

I bought my wife a new Dell Axim for her birthday and also purchased the Dell BT Stowaway keyboard - which looks amazingly like the Think Outside keyboard except for the big DELL across the front. Unfortunately, the drivers that came with it don't work with the XV6600. I've been to the Think Outside website to download the correct drivers, but the PDA2K/PPC-6601/XV660 are not listed. When I try the XDAII (or equivalent) drivers, I get an error message stating the BT stack cannot be found. Any suggestions?

Stowaway BT Keyboard / New ROM

I had no problems with my Stowaway BT Kbw from ThinkOutside, using the 4.1 driver, before the Audiovox ROM upgrade on my XV6600. Now, while the driver install, it doesn't recognize the keyboard. I've written ThinkOutside. Any other ideas ? bob

I finally got the ThinkOutside 4.1 driver to work with the new ROM, after multiple installs. Not sure what made the difference, but at least it works. bob

Broadcomcorp BT patch

Originally posted by rwwarren
    I finally got the ThinkOutside 4.1 driver to work with the new ROM, after multiple installs. Not sure what made the difference, but at least it works. bob
    Hey rw...did you install the Broadcomcorp BT patch after the ROM, or not?

If not, what settings are you using? I can't get the keyboard to work...
    "Put on God's whole armor, that you may be able successfully to stand up against the strategies and the deceits of the devil"

Ep. 6:11

I did not use the additional BT patch on the XV6600.

I installed the 4.1 ThinkOutside driver for the 02 phone. Again, I tried multiple installations. Besides magic words I've forgotten, I did have the phone and bluetooth off. Be sure to do a warm boot after the driver install.

best of luck, bob

Which Connection Wizard setting did you start with...Explore a BT device?
    "Put on God's whole armor, that you may be able successfully to stand up against the strategies and the deceits of the devil"

I wonder if my microsoft bluetooth keyboard would work...
    -Jason

Originally posted by solsavr
    Which Connection Wizard setting did you start with...Explore a BT device?
    This worked!... Then I had to Pair the Device, and upgrade the firmware to the keyboard (driver 4.1).

again...

More converged than ever!
    I bought the Thinkoutside IR keyboard last week from CompUSA for $70- tried it, liked it - but then saw that Amazon is selling the Thinkoutside BT for less than $20 more. Got the BT in 2 days using Amazon's free standard shipping and tried them side-by-side. The detachable stand on the BT model is a must-have, and the feel of its keyboard is substantially better. The IR keyboard went back today; I just don't understand CompUSA's pricing. They are $69 IR / $149 BT and Amazon is $44 IR / $91 BT. That's crazy.
    Used to be a Kyo fan, anyway. A "Smartphone" user since adding a modem card to my HP95 Pocket Computer (1992).

Thanks, I finally got the ThinkOutside mouse and keyboard working with the 4.1 drivers. It just takes a lot of tries and soft-resetting twice. Now if I can get TextMaker to work...

The device does not offer any usable services.

Just bought BT Thinkoutside Stowaway Keyboard and am about ready to take it back because I'm not savy enough to figure out how to get it to work. Driver install says can't find "Keyboard or one of its components on XV6600 reboot. BT on 6600 appears to recognize keyboard but will not do nothing but display error referenced in subject line. Any help appreciated.

I was never here. Disgruntledtech's Avatar
    yeah you need the broadcom BT update for HQ audio and keyboard support

fortunatly Ehud has the file mirrored for you
    http://www.myehud.com/xv6600/bluetoo...T-PPC%20AV.cab
    (right click, save target as, copy to device, run from there)

don't ask who Ehud is. he'll be along shortly to tell you all about the search feature
    Create DialPad Skins for your 6600 with SkinGen

Administrator

Thanks Disgruntledtech for link to stack update. Now Bluetooth Manager shows keyboard. Selecting keyboard gets to pin code entry, but still says Connection failed PIN Code incorrect. Also Think Outside site is down. Would you have latest driver you could send me. Note even with new CAB installed Driver Keyboard Program still shows Bluetooth system not detected and the Bluetooth stacks supported field is blank. Manual on CD mentions Widcomm Stack > 1.4, is this an equivalent to the one you sent me and I installed. Also get Keyboard.exe error that says Cannot find Keyboard (or one of its components) upon Verizon XV6600 soft reset. Your continued dialoge and assistance appreciated.

TOV
    The Entertainment Industry Chaplain TOV's Avatar

similar issue

Originally posted by cholle1
    Thanks Disgruntledtech for link to stack update. Now Bluetooth Manager shows keyboard. Selecting keyboard gets to pin code entry, but still says Connection failed PIN Code incorrect. Also Think Outside site is down. Would you have latest driver you could send me. Note even with new CAB installed Driver Keyboard Program still shows Bluetooth system not detected and the Bluetooth stacks supported field is blank. Manual on CD mentions Widcomm Stack > 1.4, is this an equivalent to the one you sent me and I installed. Also get Keyboard.exe error that says Cannot find Keyboard (or one of its components) upon Verizon XV6600 soft reset. Your continued dialoge and assistance appreciated.
    I get this issue: Bluetooth Manager shows keyboard. Selecting keyboard gets to pin code entry, but still says Connection failed PIN Code incorrect.

What is the PIN CODE?

I've been using 0000 for most BT stuff and it works, not this time.
    TOV - The Entertainment Industry Chaplain