+ Reply to Thread

Voice Command, GoodLink on the 6601

I use GoodLink on my PPC-6601, and I absolutely love it. I installed Microsoft Voice Command, and not too surprisingly, Voice Command does not seem to work with GoodLink's contacts, calendar, and email.

A couple of questions:

1) Does anyone have any thoughts on how to get Voice Command to interact with GoodLink applications for contacts, calendar, and email?

2) If there is no way of getting Voice Command to work with GoodLink apps, can one run PC Outlook on a device simultaneously with GoodLink?

I haven't tried #2, but I have a feeling there is a reason you can't do it.

Thanks for any advice you can offer.

I just emailed my Sales rep about it. I will let you know what I find out.

BTW... Isn't GoodLink GREAT!!!
    Cingular 8525

Here is what you do. On your desktop activesync, sync your contacts to your phone. This seems redundant, but this way your phone will have a true microsoft version of the contacts. This will allow VoiceCommand and any other program that uses pocket outlook to see your contacts.

As a GoodLink partner and reseller myself, I really wish Good would solve this (so we don't have to use the workaround, and thus having 2 copies of things on our device).

I'll give that a try...Thanks!

And, yes, GoodLink on the 6601 is wonderful!

My sales rep said to write an email to your sales rep and they will pass it on to the dev team. If we get enough requests in they may look into is sooner.
    Cingular 8525

is goodlink asp avail for verizon

devices?

assume they'd have to be wm03 types like 6600 or i700 which could handle goodlink client?
    len r

Question

Does any one have any updates on whether GoodLink will work and/or plans to work with any Voice Command software?

I mentioned it to my rep and he said they will look into it. I am really waiting for the next update that will fix the Bluetooth bug.
    Cingular 8525

BA with wifi still can't be beat
    FYI. It is Goodlink that does not work with MS Voice Command and poutlook contacts. These work well with everything else. Good will not publicly recognize this issue because Voice Command is a huge seller in the PDA market and they have not figured out how to integrate with these. There are dozens of articles on this if you do a simple Google search.
    SX66 (PH20B1)
    ROM: 1.40.00 WWE
    Radio: 1.13.00