+ Reply to Thread

wmodem and Verizon

I got my xv6600 today and I love it so far, but I am trying to make it a wireless modem for my laptop. I have searched all over this forum and the internet (google, etc) and everyone is talking about wmodem as the utility to run. I looked on my 6600 and there is no wmodem program and I looked on both of the CD's and there is nothing there. I went to the xda-developer side and downloaded one from there and it worked but only gave me IR and Serial as the choices. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I have the drivers for my laptop but I have initiate this program on my xv6600 first so my laptop will see a USB modem.

Thanks,
    Dan

From what I have read and done, you do not need wmodem for using it as a wireless modem over bluetooth. However SprintPhones usuallyd disconnect due to bluetooth issues. Verizon folks sem to be ok.

If you have a "Bluetooth Modem" available as in your Dialup Network as soon as you try to connect the phone should prompt for permission.

Have you successfully used ActiveSync over bluetooth. If not start there, it's the easiet most stable thing. Watch out that your COM port for bluetooth does not go over COM9 or your dead.

Now if you want to use a USB cable (to get higher speeds) then try this procedure. This procedure is for Sprint and it sounds like Verizon did not give you all the pieces.

Laptop Networking Success !!!

I have no problem having you try the missing pieces from my Sprint phone but I'd have to get permission from the moderators to upload those pieces. Wmodem from PPC (not sure if it's ROM, I don't think it is) and the INF file from CD.

I didn't see any copyright notice on wmodem.

Yea I dont have a bluetooth card yet for my laptop (Which I am asking Santa to bring me that for Xmas!) Plus I would like the higher speeds. I found wmodem 4.012 or around that version on the internet and it worked fine it only gave me Serial and IR, no USB so that doesnt work. If it is possible to post wmodem I would definitely love to try it.

Dan

As soon as I get the ok from the moderators I'll upload it.

I don't know if it is of any value, but I am in the middle of a pre-sales deal with Verizon for this phone and the sales team has me working directly with several strong "data" techs. They are trying to get a working modem solution for both BT and USB. More to come.
    Jack

I have it working on bluetooth, but even with the wmodem that has usb, it does not work on the verizon. I have posted this on another thread including where I got the laptop drivers.