+ Reply to Thread

Thread: LED Colors

LED Colors

Just got my 6600 from Verizon. Cannot locate in the manual what the different colors mean.

I know top left is for the blue tooth and the top right is for other notifications. I plugged it in after I received it and after 30 minutes, the top right turned green. Does that mean it is done charging?

Also, when do the lights on the send receive bottoms go on and off? With the back light? Is there a setting to change this?

thanks,

Mike

The green light on the upper right means the batery is charged. It should blink green when in service. Back light and key board back light setting are in the phone (Systems?) and can be user set.

Bob Duckworth
    My cellphone is smarter than your honor student.

Thanks. Found the settings for the keyboard, but not for the LEDs on the send and receive buttons. I guess these are tied to the backlight. I thought there would be a way to control the separately.

thanks,

Mike

Flashing amber means you have received a message.

Ah. An Amber Alert.

And red for low bat. i think a saw that.

what does blinking green mean? i turned off all led notifications and it does not stop blinking green.

mike

It means you have phone radio signal and are not on AC power.

any way to turn it off?

Originally posted by mikemrossi
    any way to turn it off?
    You can turn the phone radio off (turning on Flight Mode) by tapping on the antennae/bars icon at the top and tapping the setting. That turns the light off.

I don't know of a way to turn the radio signal light off and leave the radio on.

Thanks

Originally posted by mikemrossi
    any way to turn it off?
    I can't understand why you would want to? I guess just put a piece of tape or something over it if it is giving you seizures or vertigo.
    Phone, Radio, and Fiber Geek

i have had other phones that allowed you turn turn it off to save the batteries.

Coorect. Batery life is one reason I like turning off non needed (in my opinion) notifications.

Also, I do find it a bit annoying at night.

thanks,

Mike

MikeMRossi...

I agree with you about the flashing green light being annoying at night; I end up turning the 6600woc (vzw) over; would rather I could set something as an option to turn it off when I hit the pwr button. Yes, I know it's tied to whether the cell signal's there or not. But, more often than not, when I'm done with the PPC, I turn it off (to conserve pwr). Which leads me to my other comment: Imho, I have a bit of a hard time thinking that a relatively infrequent flashing LED consumes that much pwr for it to make much of a difference.

Considering that the Network is suppose to be good (and in my area it is), I always have a signal and do not need a light to tell me I do.

My guess it is a registry setting that can be made to turn it off.

Mike

Oh Mike, you lucky dog. I wish I had a blinking green light in front of me. I will on Tuesday.

I think that you are supposed to charge it for 8 hours when you first get it, not only 30 minutes, even if the light comes on. I think it requires the 8 hours to fully charge the back up battery.

Is this true? Do I have to charge a full 8 hours on Tuesday before I can even turn on my unit to start playing?

thats what it says i played with it while charging i could not wait hope it is ok

mike

A tiny led that blinks every 6 seconds draws almost no power. Seriously, it would almost be immeasurable. If you could turn it off, maybe you would get an extra 5 sec. of talk time on your charge, if that. So saving battery would have nothing to do with wanted to turn it off, the only reason would be if it is bothersome.
    Last edited by bobbylingo; 12-12-2004 at 12:00 PM.
    Phone, Radio, and Fiber Geek

Batt charge level...

When I look at the battery level, I see both percents (for the main & backup). Start/Settings/System Tab/Power.

It's an Li-Ion battery (main batt), so I doubt there's any problem with a partial charge. On the PPC forums (frequented BH for those), I seem to remember lots of info about battery technology, but that's not this thread's topic.

I don't think I usually see the backup battery in any of the Today screen battery indicators as a normal option. Don't think I care either. For that matter, I can't remember seeing that on any of the PPCs I've had either.