+ Reply to Thread

Intenet Connection While Docked

Should the device be able to connect to the internet though the computer that it is connected to when docked?

If so, is there a special setting for this?

Out of the box, mine does not.

thanks,

Mike

Think I solved this one:

On the PC in Activesync, go to Tools/Options/Rules and on the bottom it says pass through, change it to "The Internet" to was autoset for "Work"

Now connects while docked.

Mikel

Administrator
    thats excatly it...

Quote Originally Posted by mikemrossi
    Think I solved this one:

On the PC in Activesync, go to Tools/Options/Rules and on the bottom it says pass through, change it to "The Internet" to was autoset for "Work"

Now connects while docked.

Mikel
    While docked The icon at the top of the screen on my PPC6600, with ROM 2.03, says that it is connected to the internet through my "PC Connection".

However, when ever I try to connect to:
    1) check my email on the PPC I get an error message saying "Unable to connect to the incoming mail server..."
    2) THe internet through Pocket IE "The page you are looking for cannot be found."
    3) SBSH Weather says "NO internet connection"

If I undock and use Vision to connect everything works great.

I have set the options in Activesync to those listed above, but it still will not work. I have looked everywhere for a solution. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

2.03 Allows you to connect only through USB, 1.3X allows you to connect to the internet via sprint while docked and using active sync.

The setting is found under start>settings>connections>connections>(My Work Network)>Manage existing connections>Proxy settings>Uncheck "This network connects to the internet"

[QUOTE=melvinp]2.03 Allows you to connect only through USB, 1.3X allows you to connect to the internet via sprint while docked and using active sync.
    /{QUOTE]

I want to use my computers internet connection not Sprint. It won't let me use either when the PPC is docked.

i would also like to know how to connect to the internet through my PC's broadband connection while docked instead of going through sprint. i can't seem to figure it out

I'm the opposite- I'm trying to NOT use my PC connection because the firewalls block access to outside POP3 and SMTP servers, plus since I use a dynamic DNS for my home server, I can't get to it either. I have tried the things I've seen listed here, but nothing works on my XV6600- instead of Verizon, I end up going through the PC.

I'm haing the same issues. I think it has to do with how you set the POP account up. Go to Accounts/Accounts . . . Options. If you want to connect via the PC, then pick "Work Connection," if you want to connect via wireless connnection, pick "Verizon Wireless." Unfortunately, I want the PPC to decide how to connect based on the docking state, and I can't figure it out. WOuld somebody be kind enough to explain?

This thread has some good information and my fix:
    http://www.smartphoneforums.com/foru...539#post501539