+ Reply to Thread

Auto Disconnect from Data Call

I have a Verizon 6600 and it seems like the phone does not want to automatically disconnect after a synch.

I have it set to do that, but it does not.

Any ideas?

thanks,

Mike

I just realized that even if the data call is still connected, you can still make and receive calls.

I guess as long as you have unlimited data access, it never needs to disconnect and it will not interfere with you phone calls.

Does this sound right?

Mike

Your phone actually goes into a dormant data mode a few seconds after it transfers the data. I originally used to use the NA_MOU (National Access Minutes Only Usage) on my i700 and didn't get hit up for the time when it was in dormant mode.

Interestingly, the phone is still remotely accessible even when in dormant mode. I had installed a small web server on my i700 and it could be remotely accessed even when the data connection was dormant and in an off state (screen off). When accessed, the pda wouldn't even come on, but I could still access the web content on there. The little web server was cool and even allowed for ASP pages (server/pda side script execution).

The only thing was when it was asleep, the first hit took a little long as it had to wake up from its dormant mode (latency in the 3000 ms range for the first ping when pinging).

If you want to see what the IP address of your XV6600 is when online just go to a web page (this is a regular server of mine, not my phone) I setup that gives you some info:
    http://www.baysailor.com/pdainfo/
    With this info (IP address), you can ping your device and see how it behaves in different data modes.

I would love to write a dynamic dns client sometime. This would allow me to always access my device with out even knowing its dynamically assigned IP.

Think of all you could do with the phone... dynamically driven website running on your phone... backended with a MS SQL for CE database... what fun...

So why do all this... because we can!!!

Hrm I like the idea of a dynamic dns client... I'll have to think about thar one a bit... I also have a website that tells you your ip and have been working on code that will allow access to my home control system from rhe phone...
    Tom

VZW XV6600 can't disconnect data call?

Need assistance, I can't seem to get my XV6600 to disconnect from a data call while using the unit for email or to surf. It connects and disconnects fine when I use it as a modem for my laptop, but not when I use it as a stand-alone device.

Soft reset is the only way to break the connection. Please help!

Tried that....

Seems so simple, but it didn't work.... Tried to hit (and hold) "END" key on screen and tried to hit (and hold) "END" hardware key... Both no go!

Any other ideas appreciated....

Re: Tried that....

Originally posted by mnemonic222000
    Seems so simple, but it didn't work.... Tried to hit (and hold) "END" key on screen and tried to hit (and hold) "END" hardware key... Both no go!

Any other ideas appreciated....
    Gotta hold it down for at least 3 full seconds.
    Jeremiah 29:11

I've just been turning on Flight Mode when I'm done....will try the red key thingy later today.
    Mobile Pimp: Fujitsu P7010D, Audiovox 6600, Playstation PSP, iGo Juice (70), Kingston 5gb PC-Card, SDIO Socket Wifi, Socket BlueTooth GPS, Socket CF BT Adapter, PNY 4 in 1 Memory Adapter.

A DDNS client would just be too cool. I got that working on my home Router a couple of weeks ago and am loving playing with running my own web server, and will be installing Exchange2003 one of these days, but now I have to start thinking about phone based web apps!
    -Lee
    Samsung i730
    Ridata 1GB SD Card, Transcend 4GB SD card, PPC Tech Audio Adapter