+ Reply to Thread

BT GPS Navigation Solutions - Streets & Trips 2005 on XV6600?

Has anyone used the Pocket PC component of MS Streets & Trips 2005 on their XV6600? I plan to purchase this along with a BT GPS receiver. At under $40 for the software it seems like a reasonable price and I like the MS Streets & Trips interface.

I crrently use MapPoint 2004 and it only allows me to upload maps that are about 4 MB to my Pocket PC. I couldn't find anywhere that mentioned if MS Streets & Trips 2005 has any limitations of the size of maps that it can export to a pocket PC. I want to be able to export as much data as needed without any retrictions.

Let me know if you have any other recommendations for a BT GPS/navigation software solution for the XV6600.

LOL...I keep bumping into your messges today.

I actually have this little experiemnt queued up for tonight...sorta. My setup for this will be:

Fujitsu P7010D, Anycom USB-220 BT adapter, Socket BT GPS, Delorme Street Atlas 2005 (Regular and handheld), and the XV6600. So far I've got the GPS unit paired with the XV6600 and the serial connection is set to Com Port 6. I'm formatting the Fujitsu now from a Linux installation that went...bad.
    Mobile Pimp: Fujitsu P7010D, Audiovox 6600, Playstation PSP, iGo Juice (70), Kingston 5gb PC-Card, SDIO Socket Wifi, Socket BlueTooth GPS, Socket CF BT Adapter, PNY 4 in 1 Memory Adapter.

I've played with the TomTom software and find the 3d navigation amazing, is TomTom the only software that has the 3d navigation POV? For BT GPS I just ordered the Delorme BlueLogger, seemed to be the least expensive ($149 for the unit AND the delorme software for PPC) GPS for the money. I have a copy of last year's TomTom that I'm going to try out with it, am looking forward to testing it out!
    Tom

Chiropractors aren't real doctors. really fat kid's Avatar
    So which one should I use for the Sprint version? The Vzw roms or the extended roms?
    Chunk Style

I would agree with you if you were right, but the Palm OS is crap.

Originally posted by hatoncat
    My experience with TomTom is that it's routing engine really does not have a grip on United States roads, it will sometimes get really confused on some of the most basic freeway interchanges...
    Really? I'm going to try it and the Delorme out but I'll tell you, the 3d navigation view is the ONLY way to go IMHO, I absolutely can't stand the above map type view but once I saw that 3d view that TomTom has and the near instant autorerouting it does if you miss a turn, I HAD to order a GPS and try it out for myself. Is TomTom the ONLY GPS software that has the 3d style navigation view?
    Tom

I hear you, I just love that navigation view, makes things very easy to visualize!
    Tom