+ Reply to Thread

XV6600 Data Connection dropping

Hi all,

I just got my XV6600 the other day and so far I'm loving it. I'm located just outside Boston, MA where there should be pretty good signal strength. However, I've yet to see more than 3 bars on this phone? My last phone had 4-5 usually.

Obviously 3 bars is still plenty for voice. BUT, my data connection is proving troublesome. I'm only getting 1xRT where I am, EVDO has not been switched on in this area yet as far as I know. That's fine for now but I am looking forward to having EVDO. However, in the meantime, I'd happily live with ~100kbs.

Thing is, I just ain't seeing it. When I test against dslreports.com/mspeed I get around 30-60 kbps. Not happy. Also, the connection seems to shut itself off or drop very soon after being established, even if there is activity such as streaming audio or downloading a web page.

Maybe I'm confused but I thought that this phone was always connected if you had the unlimited plan, which I do. Am I wrong? I had thought that once you connected the CDMA modem, it would stay connected until you disconnected it.

What's the story? Do I have a lemon?

I have SBP Plus 2.2 installed but I have disabled the Today plugin as I read that it may cause issues on the 6600. Anyone have this problem? Disabling it doesn't seem to have helped.

One last Q. Anyone recommend a site to download GSPlayer?

Cheers

John W.

Try this.
    Jeremiah 29:11