+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Yet another BT Stack to Try

Someone posted an i-mate PDA2K bluetooth patch from the i-mate club on the GSM Forum. This is for the GSM based phone.

However, it will quickly trash a CDMA based phone.

I trimmed the patch down to what I believe is the BT Stack only.

So far it works the same as the Verizon patch for me with respect to Dialup Networking.

I cannot test it on a headset since I'm impatiently waiting for mine. I'll also be traveling this week and my wife promised to grab it and hide for X-Mas.

On A PDA2K, someone have claimed it fixes the wakeup issues. But another said he now has static that he did not have before.

So if you feel brave give it try.

To recover from trouble you will likely to hard reset, restore and clean up what restore misses (like Voice Command, Speeddial).

Zip 1 is Drivers
    Attached Files
    Last edited by mswlogo; 12-13-2004 at 10:27 PM.

Zip 2 is ROM based files
    Attached Files

Well I had to split it up. Partly due to size limits on posting.

Zip 1 is much like the Verizon patch (same set files).

We don't know how these projects from HTC and Distrubutors have branched out. It Might be newer code or older code not sure. Or plaine different code.

The Second Zip is 2 files in ROM that Ed was trying to get off the Verizon until his Bosses phone split in half.

These just amazingly copied right in. Blue Tooth About box shows everything at 3500.

I had run ZIP 1 first then added zip 2. I may dig further in the -mate patch and see what mucks up a CDMA phone and get as much as we can.

It ActiveSyncs and does DUN.

If it looks like a clean patch. I can modify the CAB for simpler install on CDMA phone.

But I'd like to see some feedback on headsets or test my own when I get it before spending much more time on it.

Depends how brave you are on running both.

Also since we don't have the whole i-mate patch it may not solve the wake up problem with headsets.

Thumbs up

It does fix Activesync, and BT modem. I had given up on those untill now.

Motorola HS820 does have more static, but it stays connected to the headset. Before the headset would stop working, and I would have to stop/restart BT service if it was in sleep for more that a few minutes. It worked and stayed connected for more than 1/2 a day today!

If the "mild" static problem were fixed, this would be the patch we need.

I only used stack files #1, and not the extended ROM files. I may try them next, but don't want to lose the other fixes.

Those with the FULL patch on an i-mate (GSM) phone complained of static too. So adding more of the patch may not fix the static (I think it was the same headset HS810 or HS820).

Be curious if it adds static to all headsets or just the HS8xx series.

That's great news though.
    Last edited by mswlogo; 12-14-2004 at 09:08 AM.

Originally posted by mswlogo
    Those with the FULL patch on an i-mate (GSM) phone complained of static too. So adding more of the patch may not fix the static (I think it was the same headset HS810 or HS820).

Be curious if it adds static to all headsets or just the HS8xx series.

That's great news though.
    I do not have the static on my HS820 with the patch. I would argue that's a network thing (or interference thing) not a BT thing.
    John

I went ahead and tried the patches on my VZW xv, and I kept getting memory errors and it asked me to reset any time I tried turning on bt and using bt manager. I ended up wiping the unit and restoring my Sprite backup image...
    So no worky for me!

Which patch did you use. If you used the i-mate CAB file that is expected.

I used the two set of zips provided above. I unzipped, and used activesync to copy them over to the /windows dir of the unit, overwriting previous files. I made sure that no bt files were running at that time beforehand...

Is there another patch besides the ones above and the club i-mate cab?

Anybody else seeing file sharing problems trying to copy onto your PPC6601?

For some reason btceif.dll is in use, and I can't copy over the one on my device.

(I tried pulling bluetooth out of Startup, but that didn't help).

btf

I have some cleaner patches to try. But They are 3.5 MB each.

I need help from a moderator to upload them.

While experimenting I did run into the locked files mentioned above. If you are a XV6600 or PPC-6601 patch to Verizon these files are locked.

The new patches are modified CAB files from i-mate.

The problem with the i-mate patch for a Sprint phone was it tried to update ATI Video drivers and hoses it. I removed these and left everthing else. Since it is a proper CAB install it may be able to handle the locked files.

I have not tested these on a XV6600. They may help.

So we have in total

Build 3500 for GSM i-mate only direct from i-mate CAB
    Build 3100 for GSM i-mate only direct from i-mate CAB
    Build 2400 for CDMA (PPC-6601) copied from a XV6600 (BT Drivers only)
    Build 3500 for CDMA (tested on wiped PPC-6601) (BT Drivers and Stack 2 ZIPs)
    Build 3500 for CDMA (tested on PPC-6601) from i-mate with Video Driver update removed CAB
    Build 3100 for CDMA (tested on PPC-6601) from i-mate with Video Driver update removed CAB

The last 2 have note been uploaded. Waiting for help.

Build 3100 was released from i-mate after he 3500 release due to some issues. Not quite clear on that.

Well, I am hoping someone figures out a set that works... I would love to make use of my Moto HS820 headset without having the xv6600 wake up all the time.

Ok I uploaded the latest.

Not heavily tested. But a clean CAB install based on the latest from -imate club. It probably will not fix the blue tooth sleep issue. But I want to gradually be more agressive pully in stuff from the GSM based phone.

This is blue tooth stack / drivers.

Build 3100.

It may work on a XV6600. Only tested (briefly) on a PPC-6601

UPDATE: DO NOT USE ON XV6600.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/download.php?id=2130

This was about 7hr's of hard resets and mucking around.
    Last edited by mswlogo; 12-15-2004 at 11:48 PM.

Originally posted by cybrwulf
    Well, I am hoping someone figures out a set that works... I would love to make use of my Moto HS820 headset without having the xv6600 wake up all the time.
    Now before I present what may be a stupid idea, let me just explain I am an Applications person. I specialize in making things work together (even if they shouldn't), not so much in how things work. So I apologize in advance if this sounds stupid...

Anyway, I'm wondering if there is anyway to monitor the BlueTooth activity between a known phoneheadset combination that works (Moto v710 and HS810 for example). I'm just trying to think are there certain commands that are passed or certain parameters that are set that make one combination work better than the other <question mark>...damn work compuers...
    Mobile Pimp: Fujitsu P7010D, Audiovox 6600, Playstation PSP, iGo Juice (70), Kingston 5gb PC-Card, SDIO Socket Wifi, Socket BlueTooth GPS, Socket CF BT Adapter, PNY 4 in 1 Memory Adapter.

Anyone brave enough to try this on their PPC-6601?

I am having issues with my Jabra 250 headset kicking out on me or giving me a squeal of death where I have to end the call. I am starting to think I have a bad Jabra instead of a bad BT stack. All other BT features are working well.
    Cingular 8525

I tried the original downloads at the beginning of the thread, but I have not tried the update .cab file posted above... I ended up having to hard reset and restore from my sprite backup image, and then reload MS Voice command, and setup a few settings in control panel to get back to normal again... so not sure I wanna be a guinea pig again so soon.

Man... If I am going to be the guinea pig I will have to activate my sprite trail.
    Cingular 8525

I installed build 3500 last night and used it all day today. My Jabra 250 worked pretty well. I had to turn blue tooth on and off only twice. I am on the phone all day. I think this is a big improvement. The blue tooth modem is working for me as well. I can query it and get a response. I am going to try build 3100.

The proper way to install the cab is to copy to the phone and then run it from there correct?
    Cingular 8525

TimAA are you using Sprint or Verizon?