+ Reply to Thread

650 vs ppc6601 comparison review.

What do you guys think about this this review?

I think its so biased for the 650.

http://www.x-gadget.com/articles/54/...reo-650-review

Given that the reviewer did not do enough homework to know that there is a second model of the 660X that has the camera, I don't think you can take this review seriously. The reviewer clearly is biased toward the treo 650, even in the face of significant feature differences (like the ability to multitask while downloading e-mail).
    George Erhart

This review is so biased that even the folks over at TreoCentral.com are panning it!

- Ben
    Ben Freedman

Even though I favor the PPC-6601 I don't think it was that biased.

I agree with you guys (of course I have to since I'm supposed to get my 6600 tomorrow!) that the review is biased but I think the author makes some interesting points about one handed use though. For example when you looking at an e-mail it is nice to see large buttons that you can press related to actions you want to take rather than clicking a tiny bitmap icon or selecting a menu item.

I think we have a great platform here but some works needs to be done on the UI end to make the phone aspect work a little better and easier to use -- especially the ability for one-handed use while driving.

Some of this can be remedied by something like MS Voice Command though and that's not something available for the Treo.

Overall I figured the review is very biased at the very beginning when the author said that he was jealous that the 6600 had a bigger screen -- which gave away the fact that he is a Treo user who will not switch to anything else and is therefore jealous.

I love the Treo form factor, but dislike PalmOS, the lack of memory, crippled DUN, and unacceptable sound quality; though the latter will probably be fixed with a firmware upgrade in the near future.

I was absolutely enamored with the MPx 300 form factor but that too is far under powered. If they could just jam a VX6600 into an MPx or Treo casing, that'd be perfect.