+ Reply to Thread

OK button to Close App??

Is there a way to make the "ok" button close the app instead of minimizing it? When I use that button and then go to the memory area to see what is running, I see the program that I just exited. I realize that I can click the "X" button with SPB Pocket Plus, but I am hoping that there is a way to bind the "ok" key to do that.

I use an app called Battery Bar that changes the functionality - there are plenty of other apps that do it as well
    Anything I say is mine. It is neither authorized nor endorsed by my employers or previous employers. Read at your own risk.

Chiropractors aren't real doctors. really fat kid's Avatar
    The best one out there is SBP PocketPlus.. Battery Bar is buggy.
    Chunk Style

I would agree with you if you were right, but the Palm OS is crap.

I haven't run into any issues with it. Though they have gone through a couple of upgrades since I got it. Journal bar, now that was buggy for a while.

(I'm using it on a 3850, also, so it may be that)

At any rate, that's a usual function of many utilities
    Anything I say is mine. It is neither authorized nor endorsed by my employers or previous employers. Read at your own risk.

Originally posted by really fat kid
    The best one out there is SBP PocketPlus.. Battery Bar is buggy.
    And the ever present slowdown issue with Plus!???

Alos, can you actually CLick and HOLD the close button without it locking up your device?

Had to hard reset my PPC 6601 because PLus pooched my device so hard. It bound my phone button to Contacts!!!!!!!

I never have any problems with battery bar plus on my iPAQ 3850. Everything works just find

YMMV I guess, but I'll keep that in mind when I get my 6601

I use DinarSoft HandySwitcher to *CLOSE* apps on my PDA2k. (It also lets you switch between running apps.) I used to use PocketNav but it wouldn't run properly on the PDA2k.
    John

Chiropractors aren't real doctors. really fat kid's Avatar
    Originally posted by lkaufma1
    And the ever present slowdown issue with Plus!???

Alos, can you actually CLick and HOLD the close button without it locking up your device?

Had to hard reset my PPC 6601 because PLus pooched my device so hard. It bound my phone button to Contacts!!!!!!!
    That's why I stick with Version 1.. If anyone needs the SBP PP v.1 installation file, let me know.
    Chunk Style

I would agree with you if you were right, but the Palm OS is crap.

Originally posted by really fat kid
    That's why I stick with Version 1.. If anyone needs the SBP PP v.1 installation file, let me know.
    Hey ho hold on there partner!

You're using ver 1 with your 6601? What doesn't it have that 2.2 has?

Magic Button

Magic button is another program that works well to close all apps
    E46fanatic

Rather than start a new thread, thought I'd ask here...

I just got rid of pocket plus. I'm having memory issues... like, I have no memory left. Almost. I've gone app crazy. Anyway, I don't see how PP added anything really. Just took up space and slowed things down... except for the X close button..

Question - If I wanted a tiny app, just to take the place of pplus's X-close button, what would be a good option? If there isn't a small app that does just that, are any of the above options, or others (vito button launcer, handy switcher, magic button...) not memory hogs?

Thanks.

Dumb question.

Is there a problem with those apps running? I mean, they are not actually "running" if you are not using them are you? I can leave everything loaded in there for days without manually closing them and it doesn't seem to drain the battery.

When I check, the browser, calendar, messaging, synch, etc are all usually "running." I close them, but think it is silly for me to do all of that manually, unless I have having memory issues, which I don't seem to be having.

Can someone please enlighten me on this whole topic?

Thank you.

They are not draining battery--in fact, leaving them open slightly saves battery (takes more energy to start/stop than to maintain--think diesel engine). But it does take precious memory. If you have several windows open on your PC, or several apps open on the bottom right task bar, your pc will run slower. Same thing on pocket pc.
    Jeremiah 29:11

I have been successfully using Spb 2.2 build 1650 for the past 2 months, and haven't been experiencing any issues with the noted locking up issues.

mwfielder is certainly right about the battery draining...
    but shades of problems with my initial PPC device keep me constantly closing applications instead of minimizing...even though with the 128 MB on the PPC 6601, it probably wouldn't be necessary.

Guess old habits die hard.
    I can monitor my home and office CCTV surveillance systems through my PDA phone...can you?
    http://www.ez-toyz.com/page.asp?id=5