+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Where can you buy accessories for the 6601?

One big advantage of the Treo over the PPC is that there are a ton of accessories out there you can buy. I know the PPC6601 is brand new, but surely there are some places you can buy accessories. I specifically want a travel usb sync/charger. I want to get a case (the Krusell one) but need the sync cable to use thru the case.

Editor and Site Administrator Convergent's Avatar
    Be patient... there will be lots of accessories available... count on it. One week after the Treo 600 launch you couldn't buy accessories anywhere either, so this is no different. This device shares the sync port with the XDA II (I think) and XDA III, and we know for sure that Sprint and Verizon will carry it... and we know that prior HTC devices have had a huge supply of accessories... just be patient. Look at how many cases are available for the original XDA if you doubt this. We will have a bunch of stuff here once its in the channel.
    Mike - Been Converged?

Originally posted by Convergent
    Be patient... there will be lots of accessories available... count on it. ...This device shares the sync port with the XDA II (I think) and XDA III...
    Like Mike said... My Lil' Sync (from PPC Techs) works with both my i-mate (XDA II) and my i-mate PDA2K (XDA III) so it should work with the PPC6601. All of the chargers also work.
    John

Accesories for the 6601 **LINK**

http://www.boxwave.com/products/easy...c-6601_434.htm

Found this. Anyone ever ordered from them before?

Chiropractors aren't real doctors. really fat kid's Avatar
    I have. Their minisync cable wouldnt retract after about an hour of use. I prefer ppctechs.com instead.
    Chunk Style

I would agree with you if you were right, but the Palm OS is crap.

Possibly *too* converged! Gare_NY's Avatar

Audiovox site updated with 6600/6601 info/Accessories!!

I've been hitting the Audiovox site on a daily basis, looking for any additional info or accessories listings. They put it up on the site today. Note that it is Sprint specific.. I imagine they will have a Verizon listing eventually, probably after retail channels open up.

Your link: http://www.audiovox.com/webapp/wcs/s...3872&langId=-1

Here you can find what few accessories are currently available, notably the car charger! Woohoo!

Have fun,

Gare
    Last edited by Gare_NY; 12-10-2004 at 12:52 PM.
    'In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me lay an invincible summer'

Nice find! Thanks for posting.
    Jeremiah 29:11

What are the chances the "retail" locations that Audiovox suggestson its site have the new accessories?

Originally posted by lkaufma1
    What are the chances the "retail" locations that Audiovox suggestson its site have the new accessories?
    A phone this new? I'd guess the chances are between zero and none.

btf

Possibly *too* converged! Gare_NY's Avatar
    Audiovox's list of Retail Locations is notoriously incorrect/unhelpful. The list isn't specific to what devices are at which retailer - they list *every* retailer that carries anything remotely associated with Audiovox/Jensen/etc.

When I got my Thera last year, I chose a few of the retail locations in my area. Pretty much all of them sold Audiovox audio equipment - they had no idea what I was talking about when I mentioned PocketPc's, etc.

Try calling the Audiovox customer service number at 1-800-229-1235 and see if they can get you what you need. They've been *very* helpful for me recently.
    'In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me lay an invincible summer'

I went by Radio Shack to day to look for odds and ends for the phone and the virizon rep there said WOW what is that.

The only thing I could find that you could actually order on the Audiovox site is the travel charger. Anyone know of any other sites that actually have accessories?

I love wowing the sales people with stuff they didn't even know existed.
    Cingular 8525

Verizon has been selling all these accessories for over a week or two now. I bought batteries, travel charger, auto charger all from Verizon.

You might have to buy them from your business rep, but they are definitely selling them. They all came with my phone.

LOL... I just figured out this thing charges over USB!!! I don't need that second charger now!
    Cingular 8525

Does it charge over USB 1.0 or only 2.0?

Originally posted by GadgetLuvR
    Does it charge over USB 1.0 or only 2.0?
    They're compatible. 'Unimportant. (Strictly speaking, USB 2.0 implies 1.0 compatibility. Speed, is deteremined by 'high speed' or 'standard speed' or some such bull****.

[look up an faq].

In any case, as for the ppc6601 its not important.

btf

Originally posted by noodleNT
    LOL... I just figured out this thing charges over USB!!! I don't need that second charger now!
    Actually be careful. 3rd party people always supply these types of things, but sometimes they're not really supported. 'Why? You can actually draw too much power from your USB controller, and fry it.

[Now, I've _NEVER_ seen that happen.. but, hey].

'Worth knowing for reference value though.

btf

Yes, but you can't charge things through USB 1.0. I have tried this for a long time. i.e. my iPod will not charge through my USB 1.0 connection, but it does charge through any USB 2.0 connection.

I think USB 1.0 needs to be powered externally, wherase 2.0 can use the computer's power.

Originally posted by GadgetLuvR
    Yes, but you can't charge things through USB 1.0. I have tried this for a long time. i.e. my iPod will not charge through my USB 1.0 connection, but it does charge through any USB 2.0 connection.

I think USB 1.0 needs to be powered externally, wherase 2.0 can use the computer's power.
    Incorrect. Both supply power. Protocol is the difference between 1.0 and 2.0, not the power level. You're seeing an artifact of your controller/motherboard design. (not suprised. Like I said, usb wasn't made to charge something that can draw as much as a pda. It was largely designed for things like mice that require power).

http://www.allegromicro.com/techpub2/usb/faq.htm

But, to each their own. You don't have to believe me.
    btf