+ Reply to Thread
    Converged Gadget Freak StressPuppy's Avatar

Putting email on Storage Card

I have done some reading in the various forums and unless I am overlooking it, I can't find an answer to this.

I have the option set to put the attachments on the storage card and all is well. But I want to put the actual emails themselves on the storage card. Can this be done? And if so, how??

This would lead to another question: If you do this and have to hard reset, how do you get things back to looking at your storage card? My guess is follow the same directions as above, whatever they might be!!!
    Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Sprint PPC-6601 -> Sprint PPC-6700 -> Treo 700wx

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

Pocket outlook puts your entire inbox on the SD card by default. In this case, I would speculate that the option to store attachments on the SD card merely indicates whether you want your attachments downloaded when you get your mail or when your mail is pushed to your handheld.

But I've been wrong many times

Originally posted by TonyH
    Pocket outlook puts your entire inbox on the SD card by default.
    Actually, your inbox defaults to your Windows\Messaging directory in the device's Main Memory.

On a related (seemingly) topic, does anyone know what the file 'MsgQueueDataFileMicrosoft WDP SMS Protocol' and 'MsgQueueMapFileMicrosoft WDP SMS Protocol' are for? I have several of each in the Windows directory and they are fairly large (from 250k to nearly 3 mb each).

I went looking on my device (gee, isn't Resco Explorer great?). There are two directories:

\windows\messages
    \windows\messages\attachments

On my device, with the attachments to SD checked, the second directory is empty, but the first has 41 files. The SD directory for Outlook is also empty (which is right considering I haven't downloaded any attachments).

I have searched through the registry as well and haven't found anything specific. I did find the attachments statement, but nothing for the main folder.

Any way to move it to the SD?? With a 1 gig SD, I'd much rather have that stuff there.

I wish, StressPuppy, but so far that's not one of the registry tricks I've seen listed.

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

You would think it would be straightforward.

I'm not ready to give up yet but if anyone has more info or knows for a fact it can't be done please let me know.

Any progress, StessPuppy?

I have my entire inbox on the SD card, and my attachments too. I can't remember whether it was an option when I first installed the software, or whether it was an option later.

No luck yet.

Do you have a folder named \windows\messaging ? If so, is there anything in it? That seems to be where things go.

Are you using Business Connect or the similar product from Verizon? Or a third party email app?

Yes I use BCPE. I can read my email from messaging, and from pocket outlook. I'm confused between the two, and whether each one is maintaining its own inbox.

I've just checked, and there's "inbox" on my SD card with a subdirectory for attachments but it's empty, and all my attachments are in Windows\messaging. So, outlook, BC, or both are not listening to the option.

Apparently I don't know how to use either program properly. This PPC OS is too confusing to me. Maybe I'll just go back to PalmOS. At least I knew what I was doing there.

Hey, sometimes I think a pad of paper and a pen would be the easiest solution!!!!