+ Reply to Thread

Can the XV6600 handle AOL software?

I'm thinking about the Verizon XV6600 to replace my iPaq 5555 and Verizon 710 phone. However, I run AOL's software on my iPaq and it works fine in a wireless area - and it's much better than accessing my AOL account via IExplorer. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Also, I understand that the Voice Dialing will not work on this model. I use it all the time with my Motorola BT HS820 headset. Are there plans to integrate voice dialing in the future? And it's true if I get Microsofts Voice Command that the BT headset no longer works? Does the HS820 headset work well with the 6600??

I travel alot and using the voice dialing feature with BT is definitely the safe way to go while driving in a strange city. Is it too much to ask for a functional phone with the XV6600 or am I better off keeping what I have (and not being able to check e-mail most of the time)??

Any input on a setup would be greatly appreciated. How are you folks dialing when you're driving? I don't want to end up with an impractical, unfunctional phone.

I've used iPaq for years so I have a lot of software.. I thought this might help me eliminate at least one of the items - the phone - that I haul along on my trips.. You know.. phone, GPS, iPaq, notebook computer.. pretty soon you're talking a heavy load with lots of chargers and cables, etc.

Thanks for your input!!

Re: Can the XV6600 handle AOL software?

Originally posted by MWPinSD
    I'm thinking about the Verizon XV6600 to replace my iPaq 5555 and Verizon 710 phone. However, I run AOL's software on my iPaq and it works fine in a wireless area - and it's much better than accessing my AOL account via IExplorer. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Also, I understand that the Voice Dialing will not work on this model. I use it all the time with my Motorola BT HS820 headset. Are there plans to integrate voice dialing in the future? And it's true if I get Microsofts Voice Command that the BT headset no longer works? Does the HS820 headset work well with the 6600??

I travel alot and using the voice dialing feature with BT is definitely the safe way to go while driving in a strange city. Is it too much to ask for a functional phone with the XV6600 or am I better off keeping what I have (and not being able to check e-mail most of the time)??

Any input on a setup would be greatly appreciated. How are you folks dialing when you're driving? I don't want to end up with an impractical, unfunctional phone.

I've used iPaq for years so I have a lot of software.. I thought this might help me eliminate at least one of the items - the phone - that I haul along on my trips.. You know.. phone, GPS, iPaq, notebook computer.. pretty soon you're talking a heavy load with lots of chargers and cables, etc.

Thanks for your input!!
    Voice Command works great on the XV6600. Bluetooth works great on the XV6600 -- what doesn't work is using BlueTooth to talk to Voice Command. You have to issue voice commands while holding the device and speaking to the microphone on the device, but you can then speak on the phone call via the bluetooth headset. What hasn't been perfected is the integration of voice command and bluetooth headsets so that you can hit a button on the bluetooth headset and then issue a voice command over bluetooth and take the call via bluetooth.

Ahhhhh...v710 and 5555....remember it fondly....

Anyway, AOL + XV6600 works fine.

EDIT:
    Just thought of something...AOL via BT connection to laptop doesn't work so fine. Connects, can access mail...can't access many other member areas. Seems like latency.
    Last edited by Big Calhoun; 02-01-2005 at 08:20 PM.
    Mobile Pimp: Fujitsu P7010D, Audiovox 6600, Playstation PSP, iGo Juice (70), Kingston 5gb PC-Card, SDIO Socket Wifi, Socket BlueTooth GPS, Socket CF BT Adapter, PNY 4 in 1 Memory Adapter.

config AOL to work on XV6600

Hi all,
    I have AOL® 2.0.55 for Pocket PC 2003 1st Edition loaded on my XV6600. I cannot get it to work. Can someone tell me how to configure AOL so it will dial out and connect?

Thanks
    David

I had it on mine and it worked perfectly. However, AOL just dropped their dsl service, so I dropped AOL and went with Earthlink and dumped the AOL prog off my phone!
    SteveM
    Sprint HTC EVO 4G

PPC 6600 = Cool Geek Tool
    AOL = not so geekie....
    Check out my iAdviseMe (IT Advisories), i9erNews (49er news), iGreen (Green News) or my iGossip (celeb News) Apps at: http://www.iadvise.me/

Forever Confused

Re: config AOL to work on XV6600

Originally posted by mtbdavid
    Hi all,
    I have AOL® 2.0.55 for Pocket PC 2003 1st Edition loaded on my XV6600. I cannot get it to work. Can someone tell me how to configure AOL so it will dial out and connect?

Thanks
    David
    I've never heard of a way to get it to dial out. But all I do is hit the icon at the top and connect that way. Then I log onto aol.