+ Reply to Thread

Music through bluetooth headset

Is it possible? I will buy the PPC 6600 once it comes out but I just want to know if it is possible to listen to music from a 1 GB SD card on this device through a BT headset.

I work out a lot and I am looking to buy an IPOD or Pockek DJ but if I can listen to music through a BT headset, I will not buy it.

Thanks in advance

It is not built in but it can be done. You will need stereo bluetooth headphones that supports the High Quality Stereo Audio profile (like HP's stereo bluetooth headphones) and the below patch installed:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/download.php?id=2574

That combo works well for me.

Thanks. Newbie, stupid question: how do I apply the patch to my phone when I get it?

If we don't care about stereo will the Bluespoon AX headset allow me to hear other functions of the phone like audio streams and mp3?

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    > How do I apply the patch....

Copy the cab file to your pc using activesync explorer

Click on it.

Yawn

E

Ok. Got it. To apply the path, this is what I did...

- D/l'd the patch; Check. Got it.

- Copied the patch to the xv. Check. Did it.

- Went to the Xv & clicked on it. Did that.

- Next step: Yawn. Ok. Got it. Did that.

Oh. Wait. The yawn... So EXACTLY what was the technical reason for the 'yawn'?

D

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    Well, the "yawn" really is meant to say "Hey, people take this *patch* thing too seriously and have unfounded fears. Get your headset. Check. Apply the patch. Check. Get a beer if you want one. Check. Relax in any event check. Yawn even. Check. It works, no hassle, no fuss, no stress "

Maybe instead of yawn I could have said "No stress, people" but I am not a yuppie...

E

Don't take me too seriously...

I just saw the yawn, thought you more than likely meant something like 'geez, how 'bout a search first' & just couldn't resist a smarta** reply. Hope you didn't mind...

Originally posted by jgentry
    If we don't care about stereo will the Bluespoon AX headset allow me to hear other functions of the phone like audio streams and mp3?
    No.
    John

PPC6600 ROM=1.36.00 Ext=1.36.113 MannieBothans's Avatar

High Quality Stereo Audio Profile Support from any headset

So are there any headsets for the phone that support the necessary profile to interface with the phone (with the patch) beyond a call? Looks like even the BT-800 will only have "Bluetooth version 1.2 specifications (forward and backward compatible) with supported profiles of headset and hands-free profiles."

You know that section under "Hands Free Preferences" where it has a check box saying "Telephone Calls"? Well, there is a registry entry that you can change that will make a second check box appear on the same screen for "Pocket PC Audio through Headset". I've seen it work correctly on an iPaq 6315 and is part of Pocket PC Phone Edition OS and not specific to any phone.

However, while it works on the iPaq 6315, it does not on any of the Harrier models (XV-6600, PPC-6600, PDA2K etc). You can make the check box appear through the registry and enable the checkbox, but it doesn't do anything, it is ignored. I know, because we messed around with it over at the xda developers forums. Some software needs to be patched/added/updated to allow the functionality to work.

So, the only BT headset support for Pocket PC audiio is the aforementioned high quality audio patch and a pair of stereo BT headphones.

How insane would it be to be able to stream stereo sound thru a pair of bluespoon AX'? Well, a guy can dream cant he?
    iPhone 3GS !!

I am also looking for a Bluetooth stereo headset to listen to MP3's, Audible books, etc. So far, no luck. If anyone has an alternative, please post.

Forever Confused
    Did a bit or searching and came up with these.

http://www.itechdynamic.com/html/products.htm#

Originally posted by DaleReeck
    It is not built in but it can be done. You will need stereo bluetooth headphones that supports the High Quality Stereo Audio profile (like HP's stereo bluetooth headphones) and the below patch installed:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/download.php?id=2574

That combo works well for me.
    It seems that is just what I need. What model headset do you use?

Thanks,

Steve

music with bluetooth ear piece

Is there a way to play music or the pocket PC sounds thought a Bluetooth ear piece? I have a bt200 and it answers call and stuff and I want to here like the regular PPC sounds.

You handy w/ VB.net? This is a Smartphone app, but maybe someone will tweak it for Phone Ed.
    http://www.modaco.com/index.php?showtopic=203212
    -Lee
    Samsung i730
    Ridata 1GB SD Card, Transcend 4GB SD card, PPC Tech Audio Adapter