+ Reply to Thread

Improving Phone Dialing Contacts Integration

Regarding dialing your contacts in the XV6600...

I have a ton of contacts in my list. I miss the feature of the i600 (MS Smartphone 2002) I used to have which allowed you to spell any part of a contacts name (or company name) in the phone numberpad to narrow your contact search. Basically you would type the numbers in the numberpad the corresponded to the letters in the name. That would automattically pop up the contact list and start narrowing the list down to names that matched the letters you were entering... hope it makes sense. At that point you could just arrow down to the name you wanted and hit send.

Is there a software package for teh XV6600 that will allow this from the phone interface, or are there any alternate phone interfaces that integrate more tightly with your contact list?

-Jonathan

Try fingerclix. It is awesome, with BIG buttons for one handed operation.

OK why the hell hasn't this app been mentioned on this forum before? Wow. 30 seconds into using it, FingerClix has made my "must have" list.

Thanks for the tip!

GREAT!!! Thanks.

Thank you !!

I just downloaded it and it looks great!!

I'm sure we have mentioned it before. I've used it for about a year. Only problem--you have to reactivate it after each hard reset.

Potala Telly is another fine program for upgrading the contacts feature.
    Jeremiah 29:11

My only desire for FingerClix so far is that after dialing your contact I wish the phone interface would come up. For example sometimes you need to dial an extension and then have to pull up the standard phone interface by clicking the phone button while in the call.