+ Reply to Thread

FM Tuner SD Card

Anybody seen such a thing for use with these phones. We have MP3 and audio streaming where EVDO is available, how about FM? Thanks!

Out Of Control PPC User merkman's Avatar
    Well, if you have unlimited data you can probably find a streaming site online and listen to it through the phone. That's what I do with my favorite sports radio station.
    Cingular 8525 with Black 3.0.1 ROM (WM6)
    Paired: Sony MEX-BT2500 (car stereo w/ audio streaming, it's AWESOME!), i.Trek GPS w/ i.Guidence software, a few PC's

That's what I do with my favorite sports radio station
    Merk, can you elaborate a bit? I assume you are talking about an AM station that streams over the internet? My local station does, but when I go to the website and click listen, WMP doesn't come up.

Jason - Well, it depends on the stream of course. My station has an ASF format file it plays when the opportunity arises. So, I copied the shortcut to that stream, then opened WMP and pasted the address into the Open URL section. Once I'd done that, I was able to bookmark that URL in WMP, and now I can listen to my favorite AM station using that "bookmark" or link whenever I like.
    Paired: Sony MEX-BT2500 (car stereo w/ audio streaming, it's AWESOME!), i.Trek GPS w/ i.Guidence software, a few PC's

Hmm ok... can you post the link here so I can test? Also, if you have a moment see if you can figure out if KNBR.com has an ASF format. If I understand correctly, I don't think it does.

Thanks for the help merk!

http://ccri.eonstreams.com/ccri_wa_seattle_kjr_am.asf

Once again, I enter this is WMP and save it there as a bookmark. None of this is done in IE, because as you say... it wouldn't know how to open it.

Only way I'd know to find KNBR's format would be to look around and see if you can find it on Yahoo, etc. And given it's my birthday, I'm gonna finish watching American Chopper with my Dad, then probably throw in a movie. But I'll try and help more tomorrow. Good luck in the meantime, and it's no trouble at all. I love that I might be able to give something back, after all the help this site has been to me with REALLY good people.

you can get gsplayer for free it is excellent for streaming audio stations. Just search in yahoo for link to download.