+ Reply to Thread

Goodlink and Sprint PPC6601

Anyone have any issues with installing goodlink on the sprint 6601? Our company uses this system which looks awesome but our IT is having problems with installing the software on my 6601. They load up the PPC software via usb and then the software is supposed to connect to the network via 1xrtt to finish installation and download email. The problem is that the Good ppc software never attempts to make this connection(says it is downloading but it isnt) and then the software is never downloaded.

Any ideas? I would love to get this working. The Good ppc version is 3.7.0.34. Have tried both soft and hard resets to no avail.

thanks,

David

I experienced something similiar but entirely different with the XV-6600. The Goodlink server indicated that the software was loaded successfully and needed to personalize it. At that point the server would say "An error has occurred" or something like that. Finally, after many reboots and soft resets, I unloaded many of the plugins on the 'Today' and the error went away and completed successfully.

I dont know if that gives you any more insight, but I would suggest unloading everything. There could be not enough memory available or there could be software conflicts. But, if you are doing hard resets, that most likely is not the case. You should also ask your IT dept if they can check to see on the Goodlink website portal if your handheld is detected properly. Make sure that your provider is the right one. They may have chosen Verizon instead of Sprint. I dont know if choosing the wrong provider will actually break it but the autodetect feature does not do such a good job autodetecting the mobile provider. Also, you might want to install IP Dashboard to find out if you are actually getting an IP when it is trying to synchronize. And it might be possible that you need to connect to the internet manually to complete the synchronization.

Hope this helps.

Had the same problem. Tell your IT department to download the latest version off Goodlinks website. There was a miner update so even though it is 3.7 on the website and they may have 3.7 you still need to download the file. The proper goodlink version on your phone should say 3.7.0.38 when you go to the Goodlink preferences\Versions screen.
    Cingular 8525

Thanks guys.... I took your advice and went to the Good site and grabbed the latest Good user PPC software and loaded it myself. After loading, the unit immediately finished the over the air installation and it works great!!

David

great to hear!
    Cingular 8525