+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Jabra BT800 Bluetooth Headset

Has anyone tried this with the XV6600? I need to buy a BT headset within the next 2 weeks and I want to try and find the best BT headset to purchase. I was thinking about getting the SE 660 but the BT800 seems to have better specs.

Thanks for any guidance and advise if you have experience with the BT800 or have a recomendation for a different headset.

Thanks!

Another user tried the bt800 with a pda2k (don't remember which forum), and reported no caller ID showing on the display.
    E46fanatic

Where can you get the BT800. I checked a few places and they say coming soon.

thanks

I just preorded one for testing at work from http://www.mobilecityonline.com
    Cingular 8525

Received my BT800 last friday, it was the UK version. I charged it and connected it to my phone and it connected right away. The caller id worked, however the voice quality on the headset sucks. The voices are distorted, and it takes about three seconds from when you push the connect button for it to actually pick up the call. I was very dissapointed with this headset.

PPC6600 ROM=1.36.00 Ext=1.36.113 MannieBothans's Avatar

with what?

What phone, patch, and ROM are you using?
    Just switched from PPC6700 to AT&T Tilt.

I have the wonderful (yeah right) Sprint 6601, running patch 3500c

Headset

I'm not sure if anyone mentioned a BT Earpiece made by Cardo Wireless (cardowireless.com).
    Its actual name is the Scala 500. This thing is full featured and just plain Awesome!

The best thing about it its price. At ecost.com it is only $38.99 and $59.99 at Simoncells.com.

I was always a Jabra fan and my personal favorite was the BT250 because of the Sound Quality and hoe Snug it fit. I hated the "Over the Ear" types because of how loose they generally are.

This Scala stays very tight against your face. The spot where you insert the ear loop in extremely grippy so once adjusted it rarely moves. Try shaking your head side to side with a Motorola HS810 or HS820.

Also, the volume adjustability is increadible. It actually gets too loud.

Every review I have read except two rate it excellent.

http://www.cooltechzone.com/index.ph...1&limitstart=0

Here are the Specs.....

Wind Noise Cancellation.........(It Works) I tried a Motorola HS810 and HS820 in my vehicle with the windows down well, lets just say it sucked!

Anti-Echo......................(Couldn't tell if it works because the phone signal is already pretty clean).

Most people I talk to said they couldn't tell I was on a earpiece.

Up to 9 hours talk time and 1 WEEK standby
    Voice activated calling if phone supports it
    Mute
    Last Number Redial
    Call Reject
    Toggling Between Calls
    Belt Clip
    Neckband
    Carry Sleeve
    EYEGLASS CLIP (Clip it directly to eyeglasses instead of using the over the ear loop.
    Ear Loop
    Charging Cradle
    Travel Wall Charger
    Last edited by ariemcd; 02-17-2005 at 12:25 PM.
    Arie McD

Maybe I can save some money by passing on the BT-800. This would be the second bad report.

Re: Headset

Originally posted by ariemcd
    I'm not sure if anyone mentioned a BT Earpiece made by Cardo Wireless (cardowireless.com).
    Its actual name is the Scala 500. This thing is full featured and just plain Awesome!

The best thing about it its price. At ecost.com it is only $38.99 and $59.99 at Simoncells.com.

I was always a Jabra fan and my personal favorite was the BT250 because of the Sound Quality and hoe Snug it fit. I hated the "Over the Ear" types because of how loose they generally are.

This Scala stays very tight against your face. The spot where you insert the ear loop in extremely grippy so once adjusted it rarely moves. Try shaking your head side to side with a Motorola HS810 or HS820.

Also, the volume adjustability is increadible. It actually gets too loud.

Every review I have read except two rate it excellent.

http://www.cooltechzone.com/index.ph...1&limitstart=0

Here are the Specs.....

Wind Noise Cancellation.........(It Works) I tried a Motorola HS810 and HS820 in my vehicle with the windows down well, lets just say it sucked!

Anti-Echo......................(Couldn't tell if it works because the phone signal is already pretty clean).

Most people I talk to said they couldn't tell I was on a earpiece.

Up to 9 hours talk time and 1 WEEK standby
    Voice activated calling if phone supports it
    Mute
    Last Number Redial
    Call Reject
    Toggling Between Calls
    Belt Clip
    Neckband
    Carry Sleeve
    EYEGLASS CLIP (Clip it directly to eyeglasses instead of using the over the ear loop.
    Ear Loop
    Charging Cradle
    Travel Wall Charger
    What's with the ad?

Dmotto -

Let him keep talking. I have one that is barely used that I have been trying to sell cheap and there haven't been any takers. Maybe someone will read this and get excited about mine!

Originally posted by Smoothie
    Dmotto -

Let him keep talking. I have one that is barely used that I have been trying to sell cheap and there haven't been any takers. Maybe someone will read this and get excited about mine!
    But he's not even talking about a BT800?

Hey Just Trying To Help

Man! This is a tough crowd.

I was just trying to give everyone another experience. It was not meant to be an ad but just info.

Hey Smoothie, Is yours for BT or Non-BT phones? If it is the later, I know someone who will take it off your hands.
    Last edited by ariemcd; 02-19-2005 at 01:54 PM.
    Arie McD

Re: Hey Just Trying To Help

Originally posted by ariemcd
    Man! This is tough crowd.

I was just trying to give everyone another experience. It was not meant to be an ad but just info.

Hey Smoothie, Is yours for BT or Non-BT phones? If it is the later, I know someone who will take it off your hands.
    I would hope that the posts that you think are tough, are not mean spirited but intended to keep us on topic.

I have a Scala 500 that has not and will not be used. You can PM me.

Now, back to the BT-800 which I am also interested in hearing about.

Permanently Converged
    Has anyone yet tested the BT800 with the "official" ROM upgrade(s)? If someone has been successful in getting to the ...35.115 ROM upgrade and has the BT800, has it improved on the problems revealed elsewhere in this forum?

Talking My Jabra BT800 works GREAT!

I've been using my Jabra BT800 about a week now. It works great with my XV6600! I have the lastest ROM update from Audiovox. It is better sound quality than my BT250 or Moto H810 and seem have better range. Before with my BT250, I would get little bit of static when I leave the XV6600 in the car and close the door. Now I could talk and hear perfectly outside my car (standing 10 feet away). It seemed to work very well within 20 feet. Caller ID works great with XV6600. I also tried the BT800 with HP IPAQ 6315 but for some reason, caller ID doesn't work with HP IPAQ 6315. I don't have any waking up problems and seem to connect fast. Loud ring tone (three built in) that is build in the headset is loud. I no longer have missed calls when I'm in my car driving with music turned up loud! Also, you have the option to vibrate through the headset. Only issue I like to note is that when the XV6600 is in sleep mode, you cannot access the phone list stored in the headset. You must wake the XV6600 up first. Once the phone is up, you could access the phone list and call without even touching your phone. It works fine for me. I just reach into my pocket and press power up button and wake my phone without taking it out from my pocket or the slip case.
    Last edited by Jungerishere; 02-18-2005 at 11:31 PM.

From DFW but traveling 220 day out of the year. Second home at La Quinta Inn and Suites
    just pre ordered one. hope it gets here soon.

Jungerishere -

Do you get the name and number with the caller id? How is it in noisy environments?

Just the phone number...

Smoothie,

NO. It display ONLY the number on the screen with "Yes" or "No" at the buttom to answer or not. It would have been nicer if it had a name attach to it or just name would have been better.

Thumbs up It is loud enough in noisy environment.

I’m in the noisy environment all the time. It is loud and I could hear well. It is louder than H810 and come close to Jabra BT250 (BT250 seems louder because the ear plug go into the ear unlike H810 or BT800 that sits on the top of the ear).

Another great feature is that this headset seem to be ROM upgradeable. It comes with USB connector to update or recharge the battery.
    Last edited by Jungerishere; 02-19-2005 at 08:47 AM.