+ Reply to Thread

VC 1.5 degrades Bluetooth Headset

I still need to do more testing plan to hard reset and reinstall.

But I had sent my HBH-300 in for replacement because I could not get it to Pair with my wifes phone. I did that while it was working fine with VC 1.1 on the PPC-6601. It was all working pretty damn good.

While waiting for the replacement the VC 1.5 release came out and the BroadComm High Quality Patch came out.

Everything seemed fine, but I was not using a headset.

Got the headset back and it works with my wifes phone and I paired it up fine with the PPC-6601.

But it was not performing well.

1) Static
    2) Range
    3) Not waking up fast
    4) Side button that I map VC to, would not wake up phone !!! Sound familiar.

Was it all dream. Was the old headset a lucky hit.

Then I thought what has changed since it worked.

1) VC 1.5
    2) BroadComm High Quality Stereo Profile patch
    3) Replaced HeadSet.

So, my hunch was VC 1.5. I rolled back to VC 1.1. And BINGO headset seems better. I need to test for a couple days to be sure but it already seems much better.

However, VC 1.1 is acting flakey. It works, but it just can't understand some contacts, that I KNOW worked before. SO I'm gonna Hard Reset and start over and go with VC 1.1 for a while.

I don't know if it's bugs in VC 1.5, or fragile BT 3500 but they don't seem to get along. I wonder how some headsets would perform with no VC.

Though I do not have any hard evidence. I would have to agree with you, almost everytime I've had issues with Bluetooth it always seems to be when I've been using VC 1.5. I'm using the 3500 Build C and it does seem to make it better. I'm also under teh assumption that either the Bluetooth software or Voice Command adversely affects Agenda Fusion 3.86.

I moved from Palm to PPC hoping application compatibility is better.

So far I'm only using 2 or 3 programs and I already find that it is not better than when I use 3rd party apps on my Palm devices.

I find Voice Command 1.5 to be a flakey application, and have no plans to purchase when my 5 days trial ends. Hmm. that could be today.

Also ScreenLock seems to affect my ability to answer the phone with the TALK button at times.

Well, if I had to choose between VC and BT HeadSet, I'd probably go with VC. With VC 1.1 it appears I can have both. With VC 1.5 it seems to really degrade Blue Tooth Hands Free.

Whole day went very smooth with the headset and I used it a lot today. But I've been burned before to say for 100% sure it was VC 1.5. But I'm 99% at the moment.
    Last edited by mswlogo; 02-04-2005 at 07:10 PM.

Fascinating. I have had many issues with my AX with static, range and especially line of sight. I will try and uninstall VC 1.5 tommorrow and see what happens.
    iPhone 3GS !!

is there any way for someone who boguht 1.5 to get version 1.1 because im having the same problems.

Originally posted by SpineDoc
    Fascinating. I have had many issues with my AX with static, range and especially line of sight. I will try and uninstall VC 1.5 tommorrow and see what happens.
    Me too

Please post your results, I am thinking of a hard reset and working without VC 1.5 to see if that helps. I assumed it was screen lock that was the culprit...

Something is making BT flakey....

Same

I have the same issue. Frankly the lack of BT Headset support makes this app crap.

Are there other options. Including being able to make the SpeakerPhone the default.

Well last night I completely uninstalled it and sure enough my AX was almost perfect with only a bit of static when not in line of sight. What a crying shame that Vc is sucking so much, even the voice recognition is only 50/50 (try having a contact named Mom).

Out of curiosity, what can a program like VC do that affects BT quality?

Originally posted by SpineDoc
    Well last night I completely uninstalled it and sure enough my AX was almost perfect with only a bit of static when not in line of sight. What a crying shame that Vc is sucking so much, even the voice recognition is only 50/50 (try having a contact named Mom).
    How did you uninstall VC? I went to the VC directory and deleted all files because I couldn't find an uninstall option.

While at it I installed the 3500 BT patch. The ear piece volume is very loud and clear in BT now. I use the Moto HS810.

Originally posted by aristoBrat
    Out of curiosity, what can a program like VC do that affects BT quality?
    It seems to be trying to take control of audio settings and preventing you from getting optimum results when you manually adjust them. My speaker phone was rendered useless after I installed VC 1.5.

Of course the PPC6601 has such a lousy speaker and 1/2 duplex operation to begin with.

I still need to improve the volume of ringtones, alarms, and notifiers. These are bearly audible. I seem to miss a lot of calls if I'm not fixed on listening carefully to hear my phone ring or the alarm sound for an appointment.

Unistall

Open ActiveSync and Choose Tools Add/Remove and you can take it from there.

Originally posted by TonyH
    How did you uninstall VC? I went to the VC directory and deleted all files because I couldn't find an uninstall option.

While at it I installed the 3500 BT patch. The ear piece volume is very loud and clear in BT now. I use the Moto HS810.

Got you. Of course since I already deleted all files in the VC directory using file explorer I got an error message, but the directory was deleted nonetheless.

Thanks.

Ok, so can anyone else confirm my hunch that VC 1.5 degrades Bluetooth Headset performance?