+ Reply to Thread

The accessories for PPC-6601/6600

I was searching for the accessories for my PPC-6601 from Sprint. I ran into this.

http://www.seidioonline.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=442

I am very interested in the GPS car kit. Has anyone used it yet ?

the mount looks really good (and expensive) but the packages dont appear to include software. you may want to look at gpspassion.com or pocketgps.co.uk. i just upgraded my gps for the phone with a blue logger bluetooth gps. if you already have a car charger you may want to get a cheaper mount and put the money to the actual gps unit and software.

Originally posted by crash
    the mount looks really good (and expensive) but the packages dont appear to include software. you may want to look at gpspassion.com or pocketgps.co.uk. i just upgraded my gps for the phone with a blue logger bluetooth gps. if you already have a car charger you may want to get a cheaper mount and put the money to the actual gps unit and software.
    Hi Crash,

I currently need the car kit to

1) Hold and charge my PPC-6601
    2) Hands free capabilities (with external microphone)
    3) Model specific type (not universal type)

This kit is nice since it also has the GPS capabilities. when I decide to get the GPS in the future, I can listen to my GPS commands loud and clear through the amplified speaker on the mount. One thing is very nice ; the mount allows the PPC-6601 in lanscape format as it is a swivel mount.

Thank you for the inputs, I will visit gpspassion.com when I am ready for GPS.

Does the Seidio kit work if you have pocket streets on your 6601

Originally posted by Pockets
    Does the Seidio kit work if you have pocket streets on your 6601
    Hi Pockets,

This is David Chang, Product marketing Manager for Seidio. I will be here quite often to answer any questions regarding to Seidio products and solve any problems you may have with Seidio products. If you need to contact me , please email me dsc@seidio.com.

Yes, Seidio car kit works with most of the navigation softwares including pocket street. We will release GPS in the box for PPC-6600/6601 this week which includes all you need for GPS navigation

- Car kit (mount and hands free capabilities)
    - GPS receiver
    - Navigation softwares and maps

David Chang
    Seidio
    dsc@seidio.com

Just to be clear for myself, I have Streets and Trips 2005 for my PC and it came with Pocket trips. I can generate my directions from my pc download map to 6601 and then everything else I need to make GPS work is included in your bundle.

Originally posted by Pockets
    Just to be clear for myself, I have Streets and Trips 2005 for my PC and it came with Pocket trips. I can generate my directions from my pc download map to 6601 and then everything else I need to make GPS work is included in your bundle.
    Hi Pockets,

As long as the setting for the GPS is on COM1 and 4800 BaudRate. The GPS should be able to communicate with the software.

David Chang
    Seidio

Samsung SCH-i730woc
    Hi David,

Do you have any information on when the locking swivel clip holster will be available?

Thanks!

Originally posted by coverthawk
    Hi David,

Do you have any information on when the locking swivel clip holster will be available?

Thanks!
    It should be ready in about two weeks or sooner.

Seidio

Any update on availability?