+ Reply to Thread

HBH-660 and call waiting.

I finally broke down and bought the hbh-660 and gave up my Jabra BT250. Boy what a difference!! Sound is much better and mic is much clearer.

Anyway, the one problem I have is that the very weak sheet of instruction doesn't seem to show how to switch a call waiting from the headset. Can someone plase tell me how to do that? Also, I know the XV6600 doesn't support redial, but does anyone know how to do the redial function from the headset?

Lastly, does anyone know how to program a pause in the speed dial? In that way, I don't have to type in my password for my voicemail. Thank you in advance .

you can use the "p" charater for a pause (delay) of a second or two. For example: <your phone number>pppp#<password>#
    should give you 1 button access to voicemail. I use this on my Verizon XV6600.

by the way, how well does the caller ID work on your hbh660?

I don't have it working yet as I have to downgrade my patrch from 3500c to 3500b for caller id to work. I know it' caller number id not caller id alphabets.

tx for the p tip I will try it later.

Im on 3500c and I get callerid but I have to hit the volume button on the hbh-660 while its ringing to see the number.

Call waiting used to work now it just ends call. The patch version may effect it, I dunno.

You are right... the volume button does show the caller number and it scrolls. I don't find it super useful but if you have someone's number memorized than it's fine.

What sequence of button am I suppose to use for call waiting (which to me is more important than caller id or even redial)? I know you said you can't get it to work but in the past, when it was working what did you do?

How come the instruction doesn't talk about it?

Anyone out there running 3500B that has all the functions working? Please give detail... I know that has been posted already but I spent sometime looking for the thread and cannot find it since the HBH-660 keyword is simply too numerous to search due to its popularity with the XV6600.

I just hit the big button. Also, I was able to see the callers name too. I think it was a mid-version of the 3500B patch. I had it working the first day I got the phone with a patch but I was unable to duplicate. When "C" came out I switched to it cuz it had much better wakeup.

A couple of weeks ago I loaded all the different BT versions with a bare freshly hard reset xv6600 to see if I could get it to work and no dice. I got the hardreset sync and reinstall of all my apps down to 22 minutes.

I'm waiting for BT "D" or "E" maybe.
    Kyocera BRICK, Kyo 6035, Kyo 7135, i700, xv6600 (9 times), xv6700. iBlue GPS, AX2, Ostia, TomTom.

I guess for now due to the really fast wake up time, I'll probably just stay with the 3500C. I couldn't believe how quickly it comes on. Almost immediately.

Thanks again for your feedback.