+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
    sofa king we todd did superdave's Avatar

Phonelock 03.07 Beta - Phone Locking and Caller Picture

We are now starting a beta period for a Phone Locking and Caller picture application. This app will auto lock your screen and can turn it back off if locked after a user set interval. It can also display full screen caller picture and caller id on incoming calls. The app can allow certain buttons to have multiple options, for example the record button depending on whether held or not can launch voice command or start recording a note. The ok button will also allow you to turn the screen off and lock the phone, great for listening to music. This is a beta app, but, it is also fairly mature. The app can be downloaded from http://www.sdsoft.net/xdaiii/xda.asp

Please post any issues you have to this forum.

Thanks,
    Dave
    Last edited by superdave; 02-05-2005 at 08:39 AM.

Forgot to post a screenshot.

Thank you, Thank you, THANK YOU, Super Dave!

I have been waiting and hoping you would write an XV6600 version of this app!
    I have missed it ever since I got rid of the i700!

Matt

Themes

I'm excited as well that SuperDave has decided to further develop phone lock. What do you think about the Unlock Screen I was toying around with?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Phonelock 03.07 Beta - Phone Locking and Caller Picture-locked.jpg  
    Last edited by existence; 02-05-2005 at 04:52 PM.

existence,

can you attach the screen as a zip file so others can download it? Would love to make my toy just a bit more Mac-friendly.

Happily Converged
    Dave,

There doesn't seem to be anything in the VoiceCommand download.

and

What is its purpose?

FaxMan,

There should be a file called VoiceCommand.lnk. In the button settings tab it gives you a drop down of all programs that are under windows/start menu/programs. Voice command does not create a shortcut there so you can' select it. Copying this shortcut there will allow you to select it.

,Dave

Windows Lock Screen

Here is another for you Windows Fans. Currently designing these two themes and will post zips later today.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Phonelock 03.07 Beta - Phone Locking and Caller Picture-lockedwindows.jpg  

Happily Converged
    So far I love the app. I can now listen to audible content while locked!

Haven't played with the photo caller ID yet.

You might want to note that it requires a reset after install to load.

I haven't been able to make voice command work yet while the phone is locked, but maybe some practice or some hints. (I installed the link and it works fine when not locked)

What's the difference between locking via the OK button and locking using the lock button in the app?

To use voice command while the device is locked hold down the mic button until it unlocks and you hear the VC prompt. Holding down the OK button only turns the screen off and locks, it does not stop any apps or proecessing. Using the lock button in the app just locks the phone without turning the display off.

,Dave

Re: Windows Lock Screen

Originally posted by existence
    Here is another for you Windows Fans. Currently designing these two themes and will post zips later today.
    That one's sharp! Can't wait for it!

Great app... but I'm a little confused. I have VC mapped to my memo record button on the side of the device (which maybe is why I'm confused?) Now, how do I initiate VC while the phone is locked? Pushing that button while locked doesn't start it up, nothing happens...

also, are you saying to find VC.ink and copy it into start menu.. will this solve the issue?

Thanks, it's hard to decipher written instructions like these when you're just getting used to a device...

T
    Last edited by Swap; 02-05-2005 at 02:45 PM.

Sorry for the confusion were working on more detailed instructions which should be available soon. The button setting tab in the applications settings overrides any value set in the phones control panel. In order to see Voice Command in the apps button settings tab, you need to copy the VoiceCommand.lnk shortcut from the site to your windows/start menu/programs directory. Also, in order for the button to work while the phone is locked, you must hold the button down for at least 1 sec.

,Dave

I do hold it down. The VC makes a sound, but it's the sound of it not having worked (sort of a clunk). As soon as I unlock, I can start VC.

Will this shortcut transfer help in any way? What is the purpose of mapping this button?

Yeah, it will definitly help. The app hooks all keys and uses that setting to determine which app to launch. It should work after copying the shortcut over and selecting voice command from the dropdown in the app.

,Dave

I did it, now I don't even get the 'clunk' . No response from VC. So my only option would be to unlock, start VC, then lock again?

Also, is it possible to use your own picture for the main screen?

Thanks

Happily Converged
    Originally posted by superdave
    Yeah, it will definitly help. The app hooks all keys and uses that setting to determine which app to launch. It should work after copying the shortcut over and selecting voice command from the dropdown in the app.

,Dave
    I've done both of those things. I also get the 'clunk' mentioned above. Pretty much like pressing and holding any other key.

BTW, what's that little headphone icon in one of your screen shots. (I'm guessing blue tooth, but not sure since I don't have it yet)

So to make sure I understand, you have the shortcut copied over and in the apps button settings tab you selected voice command from the dropdown. When unlocked and pressing and releasing does vc start, when locked and holding down the button for at least a second does anything happen. Did you intall vc to the default folder or to a storage card?

All images can be skinned by chaning the images in the apps install directory.

Happily Converged
    Originally posted by superdave
    So to make sure I understand, you have the shortcut copied over and in the apps button settings tab you selected voice command from the dropdown. When unlocked and pressing and releasing does vc start, when locked and holding down the button for at least a second does anything happen. Did you intall vc to the default folder or to a storage card?

All images can be skinned by chaning the images in the apps install directory.
    Yes, VC is copied over and mapped in the dropdown.
    Yes, VC works when the phone is not locked.
    When locked, pressing VC for a few seconds causes a chirp/clunk, sometimes a double chirp. Not the regular VC promt. No change to the screen.

Sorry forgot one important thing. I'll add this to the site.

The 6600 has what I think is a bug. The repeat settings that are set for the keyboard to repeat the keys when held down, apply to all buttons. Most apps will ignore this, but, when trying to trap a button for mulitple functions there is no way to determine the intent of the button. Unless you hold alot of keys down on the keyboard when typing I would reccomend setting it to not repeat. You can change this by going to Control panel - System tab - Keyboard and click repeat settings. Set the repeat rate slider all the way to the left to disable repeating.

,Dave

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast