+ Reply to Thread

Voice Mail with CALLBACK Number problem!!!!

Question concerning voice mail callback number and the xv6600 on the Verizon network. with my i700 indviduals could call me and if they got my voicemail, there was a prompt to leave there callback number(#5) and i would receive a text message with there callback number, which i could click on and the i700 would call them back.
    with my 6600 i'm receiving the text message notification, but there is nothing, no number or anything else in the text message, just blank.
    could anyone else that is familar with this feature please test and post there findings here on the forum. also if you are getting blank text messages like i am, could you please contact verizon and report this problem and receive a trouble ticket number, so they ae aware of this problem and can possibly fix there system.

hard to believe that 41 people have viewed this thread and no one has made any comments. does this mean that everyones xv6600 is working like a numeric pager????? how about a couple of testers, it's easy to do, turn yor phone off, call your number, let it go to voicemail, leave a short test message, and after leaving a message it should prompt you to deliver your message with normal delivery or urgent delivery, it also prompts you to leave your CALLBACK NUMBER. key in your callback number and your about done. turn your phone back on and you should get a notification of new voicemail and ALSO a text message with the callback number you entered. easy to do, how about some testers and feedback???

Yep...same findings. Displays what the system recieves in caller ID, does not display the number that was entered. Wierd... I would venture to guess you haven't recieved many responses because:

1. Not many people use this functionality or have used it yet with the XV6600

-and-

2. It's the weekend...usually more responses during the week.

I have a pregnant wife so I'm on lock-down
    Mobile Pimp: Fujitsu P7010D, Audiovox 6600, Playstation PSP, iGo Juice (70), Kingston 5gb PC-Card, SDIO Socket Wifi, Socket BlueTooth GPS, Socket CF BT Adapter, PNY 4 in 1 Memory Adapter.

this feature worked on my i700, strange it is not working on xv6600. if you would call customer support, *611 and get a trouble ticket up and running for the network engineers.

As I explore this more I find lots of things lacking in this PDA/Phone. The phone integration is really lousy. I get better phone performance from my Motorola v551 free phone. This includes ear piece volume, ringtone volume, notification volume, voicemail functionality, ease of use, etc.

I'm left with a good PPC PDA and a lousy phone. I wonder if Sprint would just let me keep it strictly for Vision, with no voice plan. I think I'll spend the next 4 hours on the phone with CS and use my home phone so I can understand what they're saying. LOL

i tend to agree, very lacking as far as phone side. first rate on the pda side, common on verizon, put a little pressure on audiovox to fix the phone side.

Happily Converged
    I think this is a similar issue as the one discussed here SMS displays "FROM" field as 6245.

Something weird about the way this phone receives text messages.