+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hcb-300

Hcb-300

Did anyone get the HCB-300 car kit from SonyEricsson to work with the PPC-6600.
    Last edited by Issacsim; 03-10-2005 at 12:38 PM.
    Issac Simchayof

Anyone ?
    Issac Simchayof

I have the HCB-30, and it works exceptionally well! Rings at same time as phone etc..if you have specific questions let me know..

Bill
    Freedom Isn't Free, Never Forget 9/11

Errr...the HCB-300 is a different unit than the HCB-30.

I'd like to know as well...has anyone had success (or failure) with the HCB-300?

TIA

I ended up installing the Parrot CK3100. It paired up without a problem and it connects to the phone very quickly after you start the car. The voice recognition has been very accurate so far. Among the list of features you get with the CK3100 is caller ID which you don't get with the Sonyericsson.

Installation was a bit tricky since my car head unit(Alpine) did not have the ISO plug connector, but a call to Parrot office in NYC resolved all my questions. Over all it was a very simple install.
    Issac Simchayof

Thank you for the feedback!

I'm trying to stick with a known quantity in the Sony as I have a 2004 GTO and want a clean, unobtrusive, OEM-type installation like our bretheren in Australia get with their Holdens. Some of the more savvy types have done seamless installs using the HCB-30 / 300, and I just want to capitalize on their hard work.

Having been through the frustrating dance with my XV6600 not pairing with a Jabra headset, I just want to find out if anyone here has had pairing issues with the Sony unit...