+ Reply to Thread

Phone says "unable to complete call" and

and I have to do a soft reset to place a call. Anyone have this experience? Seems to happen every couple of days. Kind of like the phone is off the hook and it won't let me dial out. Thanks for your replies.

Oh yes... I was going to post about this. It happens to me a couple time a day, at least, usually after I haven't used the phone/internet for awhile...

I'd love to find out what's going on with this...

I have this happen every once in a while, I dont soft reset the phone though. I hit the red (end) button a couple times until I am back at the Today Screen. Then I hold the red (end) button down for about 5 sec, the phone will then dial the number. Its not the best work around but better than sitting there waiting for a reset to finish.

Dan

Hey...thanks so much Dan.....much better than a reset! Any luck turning the volume of the ear speaker up? I wonder if there is third party software available. I set the phone so that the speakerphone is on all the time, and this works great for when I place a call, but actually lowers the speaker volume (and the ring volume) considerably when an incoming call comes in. Oh well....

This happens to me very infrequently when using the 6600. I think I've narrowed it down to me covering the antenna while holding the phone and placing a call...user error.
    Mobile Pimp: Fujitsu P7010D, Audiovox 6600, Playstation PSP, iGo Juice (70), Kingston 5gb PC-Card, SDIO Socket Wifi, Socket BlueTooth GPS, Socket CF BT Adapter, PNY 4 in 1 Memory Adapter.

Re: Phone says "unable to complete call" and

Originally posted by rhlitt
    and I have to do a soft reset to place a call. Anyone have this experience? Seems to happen every couple of days. Kind of like the phone is off the hook and it won't let me dial out. Thanks for your replies.
    Are you using any of the Bluetooth Wireless headset? It was happening same way when I was using Jabra FreeSpeak which was putting phone into the deep sleep and would never come back.
    Sincerely,

PDA Guru

Hi..... no , on the bluetooth.

Guys,

I had the same exact problem but as stated in the previous post, I figured out that if I disconnect the internet connection it works fine.

This is my best guess - due to my experience: Basically, somehow the Verizon voice and internet connection shares the same "line". If I am actually getting the wireless to connect or downloading data, it seems to have problems trying to dial out (or receive call). However, once it has completed the activity - even though it still shows connected (in dormant state), my phone calls works just fine. So... knowing this, simply be aware of when your phone is checking email, connecting, etc. Once again if you simply disconnect using the red button.. your voice call should go through fine.

I rarely see the need to be on the phone while surfing my pocket pc. Anyone out there verfiy my experience?

But this also happens when I try to go on the internet.. and I do not have the phone on when I do...

I'll get some kind of modem not working, or not connecting error message. Restart, it's back..