+ Reply to Thread

Audio decreased with default headphones

Hello. New to the forum, but have spent time trying to find this problem discussed...

The vollume on my headphones (the stero ones that came with the phone) has decreased about 40%. This makes music and calls to soft to clearly hear.

The vollume on the headset used to be so loud that I had to turn down the vollume down a notch. (by slider on side of phone).
    Now with that slider having vollume at the highest level, I still can barely hear.

2 theories of possible problem are:

- that there is a secondary vollume measurement, just for headphones. I thought this was the problem because vollume from my Bluetooth headphone is fine, and it has an audio increaser and decreaser. I have used this product and increased the vollume to max, and the plug in original headset still has low vollume.

- from reading the threads here, I see that the headset vollume decreases when you get the phone in permanent speakerphone mode. I do not think I have done this. But I do notice there is a vollume icon at the top of the screen by the time, and I dont recall seeing that before. I have clicked on that and made sure its vollume measurement is set to the highest as well... still soft audio from headset.

any of you have any idea why the vollume on my initial headset is now too soft, and how to adjust it? thanks so much.. my bluetooth set is covering me for my calls, but I cant listen to my music now, except for soft listening...

Quirky volume settings are something I'm trying to adjust to, although I don't accept it as being normal. I found that resetting your device usually restores your volume, but the next time something happens between bluetooth, voice command, and other apps the volume setting gets messed up again.

What do you mean by "permanent speaker phone"? I noticed that using speaker phone period usually screws up my volume settings. As a result, and because speaker phone only works after you connect and sounds like crap, I no longer use speakerphone.

Re: Audio decreased with default headphones

Originally posted by Coraan
    Hello. New to the forum, but have spent time trying to find this problem discussed...

The vollume on my headphones (the stero ones that came with the phone) has decreased about 40%. This makes music and calls to soft to clearly hear.

The vollume on the headset used to be so loud that I had to turn down the vollume down a notch. (by slider on side of phone).
    Now with that slider having vollume at the highest level, I still can barely hear.

2 theories of possible problem are:

- that there is a secondary vollume measurement, just for headphones. I thought this was the problem because vollume from my Bluetooth headphone is fine, and it has an audio increaser and decreaser. I have used this product and increased the vollume to max, and the plug in original headset still has low vollume.

- from reading the threads here, I see that the headset vollume decreases when you get the phone in permanent speakerphone mode. I do not think I have done this. But I do notice there is a vollume icon at the top of the screen by the time, and I dont recall seeing that before. I have clicked on that and made sure its vollume measurement is set to the highest as well... still soft audio from headset.

any of you have any idea why the vollume on my initial headset is now too soft, and how to adjust it? thanks so much.. my bluetooth set is covering me for my calls, but I cant listen to my music now, except for soft listening...
    The headphones have a volume switch/knob/variable setting do-hicky on them. Its a little square switch on the line from the jack to the headphone.

Just in case you didn't see it and it has always been on MAX until recently......

AH!

just edited my post after reading most recent reply...

man I feel like fool.

yes, there is an audio slider on the phone cord I never saw before, and that was it. It was pushed to the middle

thanks for the quick help guys. this site rocks.. I hope to contribute someday myself.
    Last edited by Coraan; 02-06-2005 at 01:53 PM.

Been there - done that. Glad it's working now.