+ Reply to Thread

BT3500 Patch screwed up my Activesync

Last night I installed BT3500 patch on my PPC6601. As intructed in the sticky, I activesynched as "guest" and later activesynched as usual. This morning, however, when I dropped my PPC into the cradle activesync wanted to establish partership with the PPC6601, but when I continue it won't let me use the same device name.

I ended up giving it a different name and synching all over. Now I have two folders on my desktop, one for Pocket_PC, and the other for PPC6601.

In the meantime I'm using a bluetooth USB dongle that only recognizes the PPC6601 as Pocket_PC. The activesync in my bluetooth places is gone, and I'm unable to restablish it via device discovery. It goes through the motions and you press "Finish" but no icon appears along with dialup networking, file transfer, etc.

Suggestions?

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    You can go into activesync and delete the relationships... and then you'll be able to synch up under the original name

If you want step by step instructions holler and I'll go find my activesync pc and walk you through it My memory is file menu.. then delete partnership.

E

um "Delete partnership" is not an active option in File menu of activesync. It's grey'ed out (is that a verb?).

I deleted both of the activesync created directories on my desktop, connected the PPC via USB cradle, hoping it would start a new partnership, but it immediately recognized PPC6601 (the new user) and synched without asking.

Where did all my computer savvy skills go? This PPC is making a monkey out of me. It's probably because I keep calling it a piece of junk. LOL

Disconnect the phone while trying to delete the partnership.

Okay, I disconnected, deleted the partnership, went through the partnership wizard, but it still used my new device name (PPC6601), not the old one (Pocket_PC.)

Oh well, It's getting late. I'll re-establish new BT partnership tomorrow.