+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    01-24-2005
    Posts
    65

    How do I see battery status on my Today Screen?

    Hi everyone...how can I see the battery status indicator on my today screen? Also, is there a way to get a message on there that says if you have missed calls or have a voice message waiting? Thanks!

  2. #2
    PlayaHata qcomdrj's Avatar
    Join Date
    01-29-2005
    Posts
    27
    Battery status requires downloading one of any number of programs.
    There is a message that tells you if you miss calls and/or have voicemail. It shares space in the warning toolbar with the "1x" logo. There are other programs to download for this to make it bigger if you aren't into the subtle thing.
    VX6600woc
    because camera phones r so 2004

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    01-24-2005
    Posts
    65
    Thanx...if anyone can recommend these programs, I would really appreciate it!

  4. #4
    PlayaHata qcomdrj's Avatar
    Join Date
    01-29-2005
    Posts
    27
    http://www.pocketpcfreewares.com/en/...cat=13&sortby=
    They have ratings, etc. Take your pick. Some have more functionality than others.
    VX6600woc
    because camera phones r so 2004

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    01-24-2005
    Posts
    65
    Thank you very much!

  6. #6
    Happily Converged
    Join Date
    09-02-2003
    Location
    North Florida
    Posts
    244
    http://www.spbsoftwarehouse.com/products/pocketplus/?en also has a nice one as part of a very good package of Today Screen enhancements.

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    11-22-2004
    Location
    N. NJ
    Posts
    904
    I like TodaysInfo for the Battery and Mem meters. Simple, clean, small, and stable.

    Edit - And FREE!
    Last edited by lmychajluk; 02-08-2005 at 07:51 AM.
    -Lee
    Samsung i730
    Ridata 1GB SD Card, Transcend 4GB SD card, PPC Tech Audio Adapter

  8. #8
    I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    Join Date
    07-19-2004
    Posts
    210
    Although I really like SPBPocket Plus, it freezes my 6600 when changing from landscape to portrait mode, or vice versa, requiring a soft reset every time. Given the developer's attention to customer support, I would presume that this bug is being dealt with?

    Originally posted by FaxMan
    http://www.spbsoftwarehouse.com/products/pocketplus/?en also has a nice one as part of a very good package of Today Screen enhancements.

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    01-27-2003
    Posts
    310
    Originally posted by backbeat
    Although I really like SPBPocket Plus, it freezes my 6600 when changing from landscape to portrait mode, or vice versa, requiring a soft reset every time. Given the developer's attention to customer support, I would presume that this bug is being dealt with?
    I've been using SPB Plus, version 2.2, build 1650, with no issues. The linear battery monitor at the top of the screen is always there in a very unobtrusive way.
    Mick

  10. #10
    I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    Join Date
    07-19-2004
    Posts
    210
    I had to illiminate the app because of the lock-up issues, so I'm not certain what level of development it was at. Is the version you're using the most recent?

    Originally posted by MickCole
    I've been using SPB Plus, version 2.2, build 1650, with no issues. The linear battery monitor at the top of the screen is always there in a very unobtrusive way.
    Mick

  11. #11
    Registered User Oneoftwenty's Avatar
    Join Date
    01-10-2005
    Location
    California
    Posts
    114

    I too .....

    deleted the app and things have been a bit more stable since then. Not sure I blame the app, it may be some other app conflicting with it, but either way I'm happier now...

  12. #12
    Registered User
    Join Date
    01-24-2005
    Posts
    65
    Can someone please post a link to Today+...thank you. I hope it is compaitble with the sv6600 and Windows PC 2003 SE. Thank you

  13. #13
    Registered User
    Join Date
    01-27-2003
    Posts
    310
    Originally posted by backbeat
    I had to illiminate the app because of the lock-up issues, so I'm not certain what level of development it was at. Is the version you're using the most recent?
    AFAIK, I'm using the most recent version.
    I was suffering sluggish performance and lockups after installing the latest beta from Webis. I did a complete un-install, and re-installed a prior version, which fixed the problem.
    I can't help wondering whether there's a bug in the OS that causes an occasional bad install.
    Mick

  14. #14
    Registered User
    Join Date
    11-22-2004
    Location
    N. NJ
    Posts
    904
    Originally posted by rhlitt
    Can someone please post a link to Today+...thank you. I hope it is compaitble with the sv6600 and Windows PC 2003 SE. Thank you
    Whoops, I suggested Today+ above, but what I really meant was TodaysInfo. Give it a try!
    -Lee
    Samsung i730
    Ridata 1GB SD Card, Transcend 4GB SD card, PPC Tech Audio Adapter

  15. #15
    I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    Join Date
    07-19-2004
    Posts
    210
    After going back to their site to see the dates on updates, it appears that Oct '04 is the most recent version of SPBPocketPlus. Since mine was downloaded in Jan '05, it seems to reason that mine was the most recently updated version also. You may very well be right in stating that the MS PPCSE is at fault here. I'll have to keep in mind a bit more flexibility when it comes to trial-&-error for compatibility issues.

    Originally posted by MickCole
    AFAIK, I'm using the most recent version.
    I was suffering sluggish performance and lockups after installing the latest beta from Webis. I did a complete un-install, and re-installed a prior version, which fixed the problem.
    I can't help wondering whether there's a bug in the OS that causes an occasional bad install.
    Mick

  16. #16
    Registered User
    Join Date
    01-24-2005
    Posts
    65
    Thank you Lee! No wonder I couldn't find it. I'll install it tonight. I tried like 3 or 4 trial downloads and none worked, so thanks! I would still love to find a program that shows on the Today screen missed calls and voice mails that are waiting. I tried "My phone" but doesn't work with my XV6600.

  17. #17
    Registered User
    Join Date
    11-22-2004
    Location
    N. NJ
    Posts
    904
    Well, it doesn't do that. It's simply a plug-in w/ a battery and memory meter, but at least you'll have that until you find your Missed Call / VM App.
    -Lee
    Samsung i730
    Ridata 1GB SD Card, Transcend 4GB SD card, PPC Tech Audio Adapter

  18. #18
    Registered User
    Join Date
    01-24-2005
    Posts
    65
    thank you. I am waiting for my Proporta case. Had the EB one, but sent it back. Are you happy with that case....it looked like the best one to me.

  19. #19
    Registered User
    Join Date
    11-22-2004
    Location
    N. NJ
    Posts
    904
    It's OK. I like the functionality of it, but it does seem a bit bulky to me (even w/o the insert). I can't keep it in my front pocket in my tighter jeans (No comments from the peanut gallery!!!). I also don't like the camera hole - makes it look like a jury-rigged solution. I may still consider switching to the Covertec.
    -Lee
    Samsung i730
    Ridata 1GB SD Card, Transcend 4GB SD card, PPC Tech Audio Adapter

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts