+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Ladies w/660x Devices

Sisters, come out of lurkdom. I know we are all different but most of us have a lot of "style" so talk to me about your 660x.

I recall your post, Marctronixx:
    http://www.smartphoneforums.com/foru...ies#post266860

1. Those of you who are loving your 660x, what is your favorite case and why did you choose it?

2. Did it take you long to appreciate the form-factor?

3. What BT headset works well for you? I've found some headsets interfering with my headbands and even my earrings.

Guys, does your girlfriend/sister/mom/wife have a 660x? If so, please report how they are handling it.

Re: Ladies w/660x Devices

OMG, Beryl. No ladies? This reminds me of my 2nd semester in electronics technology many moons ago. I hated it. LOL

My girlfriend is afraid to touch this thing. She's afraid it would zap her. Of course, I may have something to do with that fear

Seriously, I would like to see many ladies using their PPC6601 pocket PC phones. I bet it would put some men using PalmOne Treo650 to shame. The PDA is top notch, the phone is not so bad, the integration of applications, like notes with the phone, is great. What's not to like? You can make this thing brown your toast if you set your mind to it.

Case? What case? No one has the cases I want in stock. And when I find one, it's not really for the 6600. I have to send it back.
    Piel Frama and Covertec make the ones I like.

Form factor... I'm used to it. Once I got bluetooth working, and voice command up and running (not with b/t.) form facter became less of an issue.

HBH 660 works well. The hbh 35 worked well. The AX bluespoon, tiny form factor, I've sent mine back due to static problems but getting another. Other people here seem to like it....

Swap

Oh, and I am of the female species...
    Last edited by Swap; 02-08-2005 at 08:23 AM.

Re: Re: Ladies w/660x Devices

Originally posted by TonyH
    OMG, Beryl. No ladies? This reminds me of my 2nd semester in electronics technology many moons ago. I hated it. LOL

My girlfriend is afraid to touch this thing. She's afraid it would zap her. Of course, I may have something to do with that fear

Seriously, I would like to see many ladies using their PPC6601 pocket PC phones. I bet it would put some men using PalmOne Treo650 to shame. The PDA is top notch, the phone is not so bad, the integration of applications, like notes with the phone, is great. What's not to like? You can make this thing brown your toast if you set your mind to it.
    LOL...I show my phone to my wife and she says "What is that thing?". She still won't answer it if I'm in the shower or something "...afraid I'm going to wipe it out"........That's why I make backups baybeeeeeeeeee!!!

Then, out to dinner with my wife, my mother and her husband. My mother asks the same thing, what is it? So I go the the explanations and do a quick demo of the phone, PIM functions, and Internet access. She picks it up, holds it to her face and says "Look, I'm talking into my computer".

Even intimidates guys...brother in law is a quasi techi...show him my phone..."too complicated for me"....lol

Is it really THAT intimidating?!?!?
    Mobile Pimp: Fujitsu P7010D, Audiovox 6600, Playstation PSP, iGo Juice (70), Kingston 5gb PC-Card, SDIO Socket Wifi, Socket BlueTooth GPS, Socket CF BT Adapter, PNY 4 in 1 Memory Adapter.

Funny.

Because I have an PDA phone I'm the high tech guy in my circle of friends. Go figure. I gave my wife my i700 but for the most part she's content with the free Kyocera from Verizon (a really horrible phone honestly but I guess she likes the simplicity).
    "Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

My wife would have nothing to do with this phone. She could care less about all that it does. She could care less about technology in general and she is an engineer.

This is not a cause for concern however. Just as she doesn't care about the phone, she doesn't care about the stuff that I buy for the phone. Everyone is happy! (New Etymotic 6i earphones today!)

I jest but absent any evidence to the contrary, I believe this phone might just be a, "man thang".

-------------------------------------

Extended battery, HBH-660 & Bluespoon AX, Covertec Case, PPC Techs stereo headphone adapter
    Last edited by Smoothie; 02-08-2005 at 08:06 AM.

lol! I'm sitting on a plane right now laughing at these responses. Door is closing...
    iPhone 4S BB8830/Treo700wx/Treo700w/ XV6600/Treo600/Kyo7135

Converged. It didn't even hurt! tuckeyr's Avatar

Ladies with 6600s

Well Beryl, I'm trying!!! I think it's the phone I'm going to go for, but I have to find a way to get the price down!!! I'm trying to see if my office will pick up the data plan. That might make it doable for me. Then, it's YOU and ME, girl!

Tuckey

My girlfriend likes playing jawbreaker on it and ever since she saw me use my Bluetooth headset, she wants Bluetooth on her next phone as well :p

Originally posted by Swap
    HBH 660 works well. The hbh 35 worked well. The AX bluespoon, tiny form factor, I've sent mine back due to static problems but getting another. Other people here seem to like it....
    And here I felt so special thinking I was the only one with this phone in a 20 mile radius Ignoring size, how well does the 660 function? I've got the 300 and while it's nice, I'd like something a bit smaller, with caller id, and hopefully a better fit..

The wife took one look at it and said "Beam me up Scotty". She then started laughing and once she gets rolling she don't stop.

"Look ma, two hands!" As she presses it to her ear.

"I still got the touch" as she slides the screen slowly up, making it rise...

She then asks how much I paid, and I tell her. She gets stern faced immediately and says: "Never again will you complain about the cost of my facials"

I then (instead of walking out of the room with my dignity still in tact) try and show her that it can do email and what does she say? "Ohhh I had no idea the 400 spams you get a day were so important to you."

As I grab my baby from her she doubles over laughing, and says... "No, wait..." wease wease "I haven't had my workout yet today." and between gasps for breath, she starts bicep curls with it.

I don't care. She can say what she wants. At least I can play Solitaire in bed...
    Last edited by JasonWilliam; 02-08-2005 at 05:24 PM.

Maybe not 66xx but G1000

Well I recently upgraded from the G1000 to the PPC6601. So I passed the G1000 to my Girlfriend. But she would rather have the 6601...so maybe when the next best phone comes out that will work with my Sprint contract, then you'll have more company!
    I can monitor my home and office CCTV surveillance systems through my PDA phone...can you?
    http://www.ez-toyz.com/page.asp?id=5

This phone does have a distinct advantage for the ladies -- it attracts MEN. My goodness! It brings back the fond memories of being the "Bell of the Ball" in my college years - I got my Bachelors & Masters in Mathematics. We won't go into the negative memories where the guys couldn't quite understand why I found mathematics fun.
    Girls aren't supposed to do well in math.

A colleague commented on my interesting "earring". I thought he was observing how I'd interlaced my earrings for a very cute look (IMO). No, he was looking at my little BT headset! Well, that got the rest of the guys interested in seeing the phone which was in my purse. They were intrigued with everything -- especially the movie I encoded that only took up 128MB on my 1 GB card. Some liked Wireless Sync because they were considering BBs. Most couldn't understand paying $650 for a phone.

@swap & tuckey

We've got to find the right case for this puppy! I don't like big flaps or belt clips. It has to be sleek and a wrist strap would be very nice.

Out Of Control PPC User merkman's Avatar
    Beryl,

I'd sure find a woman with a PPC-6601 facinating. I remember trying to talk to a customer who had a Pocket PC once. She didn't seem interested in sharing her use of it, which was a shame... I was trying to learn more about them back then.

128MB movie? What format are you using? I've had folks on here suggest various tools and formats, but the last time I bothered I used MPEG4 Direct Maker to convert DVD's to WMV 8 files. They are about 300MB each, and look and sound terrific. And since I can use WMP, I don't need extra programs to watch them. But your 128MB file size sound neat, and if the programs your using are free... I'd be interested to hear what your using.

In the meantime, I recently upgraded my wardrobe, fixed my hair up, and I'm trying to act more mature. But I think I'm gonna have to TALK to a woman in order to get to know one better!
    Cingular 8525 with Black 3.0.1 ROM (WM6)
    Paired: Sony MEX-BT2500 (car stereo w/ audio streaming, it's AWESOME!), i.Trek GPS w/ i.Guidence software, a few PC's

My wife wouldnt let me get one unless i got one for her also. She loves the SMS, and the form factor isnt a factor for her.
    Sprint PPC-6601

@merkman

Pocket DVD Wizard ($29) encoded Barbershop 2 to a 126,034 KB file.

I can't believe I've purchased about $50 in software and may not even keep the phone!
    iPhone 4S BB8830/Treo700wx/Treo700w/ XV6600/Treo600/Kyo7135

Hmmm....interesting.

I wonder at what bitrates (for audio and video), resolution, and codec you're using. Also, how's the final output? Is the quality good, average, poor?

So far I've been sticking to 200 Kbs for video and 48 Kbs for audio as my bare minimum. I use the Xvid codec (I haven't tried WMA or Divx in a while...and I'm way past using MPEG1). At those rates and at resolution of ~ 320x172 I tend to get a fairly good looking movie. Recently I moved up to 250 Kbs video and 64 Kbs audio and that looks and sounds great too.

I guess one day when I have time I'll try to compare the bitrates (from 100 Kbs all the way to 300 Kbs using the Xvid codec). I also use OGG for my audio. The product is an OGM file.
    "Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Originally posted by JasonWilliam
    I don't care. She can say what she wants. At least I can play Solitaire in bed...
    My favorite one is when one of my female coworkers hears my phone ring and picks up the stapler and mockingly says, "hello, hello..."

Of course she bought her car for the color...
    Jeremiah 29:11

Converged. It didn't even hurt! tuckeyr's Avatar
    Originally posted by Beryl
    @merkman

I can't believe I've purchased about $50 in software and may not even keep the phone!
    Not keep the phone? Can you share what your reasons would be for not keeping it? I haven't plunked down any $$$ yet for this phone and would like to know what doesn't make it for you....

Tuckey

Originally posted by merkman

I'd sure find a woman with a PPC-6601 facinating.
    We are.

Out Of Control PPC User merkman's Avatar
    Now if I was fortunate enough to "meet" a few of them.
    Cingular 8525 with Black 3.0.1 ROM (WM6)
    Paired: Sony MEX-BT2500 (car stereo w/ audio streaming, it's AWESOME!), i.Trek GPS w/ i.Guidence software, a few PC's