+ Reply to Thread

Sprint 6601 coming wed, what to do first?

I have been waiting for this phone for over a year now........ since I first heard about it online. I am now getting mine at my door on Wed. it seems....... FINALLY!
    I have been active at a bunch of sites re: it and follow most of the developments.......... BUT
    To all the people that have theirs and are using it all the time like I am going too......... what do you recommend to do/get first?

As far as software, case, patches, etc?
    I have been using ppc's for years so I have all the backup software and things like that....... but never have had an all in one, and not a ppc phone either. So I am going to be blind when it comes to this. Just thought I would post the question, and anybody with advise can respond. Could be helpful to a lot of people just geting their device now or soon.........
    What can you teach us?

Thanks!

Re: Sprint 6601 coming wed, what to do first?

Congrats. I know you probably will be restless on Tuesday night. So take a melatonin, or better yet a couple of Long Island ice teas's.

I make it a habit not to buy anything for the phone until I use it enough to know that I want to keep it. I return so much stuff that it's not wise to buy all kinds of things for it. That was kind of a downer, wasn't it? LOL

That said, you will need a car charger, nice Piel Frama leather case, a 1~2 GB SD card, Some good screen protecters, and you're all set. .... oh, but wait, cuz our buddy, Hobbes, prepared a nice list of goodies to go with your PPC6601. Check this out

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=66954

Before you do that...just look at it and feel the power... You will be envied...

Then take TonyHs advice!
    Mobile Pimp: Fujitsu P7010D, Audiovox 6600, Playstation PSP, iGo Juice (70), Kingston 5gb PC-Card, SDIO Socket Wifi, Socket BlueTooth GPS, Socket CF BT Adapter, PNY 4 in 1 Memory Adapter.

I was going to joke that you should start *****ing and ranting incoherently about why it isn't exactly like the treo or something.. but perhaps not.

Check the FAQ, and snag the bluetooth patch (if its important to you). Then start downloading any random package you want to try out. (betaplayer.corecodec.org for instance is a good video/audio player)

Have fun.
    Byron

Thanks for the reply guys! I do want the bluetooth patch and will get that asap. And I do plan on playing with it for a couple days to get up to speed........ and like I said I have a lot of software already for my other devices. Other than the bluetooth patch, can you think of anything that is a MUST have right away? Like the missed call app beta, or anythig like that?
    Also have you guys used webIS @Mail with your device? That is going on for sure with Pocket Informant.......
    Thanks guys. Hope I LOVE it!
    LAK
    Sprint 6800/Mogul
    6700, 6600

Absolutely get a screen protector ordered--only good ones are from Boxwave or PPC Techs (I prefer the latter), and you have to order online.

I also like the sync n' charge cable if you use more than one pc, or use a laptop. I've been using the one from ppc techs without problems, the Pro version. Of course an SD card--as big as you can afford.

Good case will be needed once you determine you like it. I would put Voice Command 1.5 on it right away. Hold off on other software until you know you like it, except for stuff you know you want to use (like PI, webIS).
    Jeremiah 29:11

good luck withthe new 6601, i am going to be the same way when the 6600 comes to my door. you waited this long, i am shocked your dont want to wait maybe another week or 2 for the 6600

Originally posted by minilog118
    good luck withthe new 6601, i am going to be the same way when the 6600 comes to my door. you waited this long, i am shocked your dont want to wait maybe another week or 2 for the 6600
    I am in the entertainment industry and have to leave my camera phone behind a lot......... I don't want to have to leave my all in one device outside of a studio or a meeting......... defeats the purpose. I have a slim 4meg camera that I can take if I need pics...... and it has SD, so just pop it in the 6601 and send it off if I need to......

Originally posted by mwfielder
    Absolutely get a screen protector ordered--only good ones are from Boxwave or PPC Techs (I prefer the latter), and you have to order online.

I also like the sync n' charge cable if you use more than one pc, or use a laptop. I've been using the one from ppc techs without problems, the Pro version. Of course an SD card--as big as you can afford.

Good case will be needed once you determine you like it. I would put Voice Command 1.5 on it right away. Hold off on other software until you know you like it, except for stuff you know you want to use (like PI, webIS).
    Yeah.
    screen protectors and sync/charge cabel are a must have I think...... as well as a car charger. This thing eats batteries from what I have seen/heard........
    Good advice!

PPC6600 ROM=1.36.00 Ext=1.36.113 MannieBothans's Avatar

Re: Re: Sprint 6601 coming wed, what to do first?

Anbody tried a solar charger with the 6600/6601/2k/66?

Originally posted by TonyH
    ... our buddy, Hobbes, prepared a nice list of goodies to go with your PPC6601. Check this out

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=66954