+ Reply to Thread

Email with no EV-DO

I am getting my XV6600 tomorrow. I do not need broadband internet access so passed on the EV-DO for $45/month.

I was wondering if there is a way I can send and receive email without this option. I really don't need broadband for email and can't justify $45/month just for a few emails.

I was wondering if there was some other way to accomplish email.

Thanks

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    The general concensus is "no". VZW used to allow using "minutes" from your plan for Express Network. This "may" work in your area "right now" but is almost guaranteed to go away -- especially since you're not contracting to use it.

Your best bet is to try it. If it works, realize you're chewing up minutes, and you might want to edit the setting and remove the saved password (vzw) and only manually enter it when you really want to connect.

Other than that, it's the $45/month 1xRTT/EVDO plan.

Please let us know what works for you... this will help to better refine answers for the next person with a similar question

Ehud

Qnc can still be used.

What is Qnc and how is it used?

Originally posted by JazzFusion
    What is Qnc and how is it used?
    See here...
    What are the access codes for the Verizon data networks?

and here...
    Price Plans, Data Plans, and EN

The device is a little different, but the data access is the same (except for EVDO)

Thanks for the info. I read both pages but it doesn't say how to set up the connection. Could you help please?

I just got my XV6600 and am not too familiar with it. I want to set it up so that I only connect with EN and my minutes are used up.

I want to make sure I have it right so I don't get surprised with a $1000 bill at the end of the month.

Thanks