+ Reply to Thread

Can no longer use installer

In my frustration at not being able to upgrade voice command 1.5, I must have screwed something up with the install off the desktop to ppc. I went into registry and deleted anything that had to do with VC, that's it. Now every time I run the launcher for VC, it either only installs onto my pc only, not the 6600, or says that the installer for that program is currupt... . I can still install other programs..

Thanks

I should add, the installation proceeds so it says, but never to the device, there's no communication (I can sync, this is just with the launcer) it seems to install on my computer, but nothing is... no VC anywhere on PC...
    Last edited by Swap; 02-09-2005 at 10:23 AM.

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    On your pc
    go to
    c:
    program files
    microsoft activesync
    voice command
    [dig down in there to fine the .CAB file]
    copy the .cab file to your pocket pc
    click on the cab file on the pocket pc.

Enjoy

E

There is no file called voice command in Active sync. I cleaned out all mention of VC off the system so I can install it clean again.

I just tried to reinstall 1.0 again, and I get the configuration data for this program is currupt. I even d/l the trial and I get the same thing... so it's something on my end...

Thanks

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    try c:\program files\microsoft voice command

E

gone... I wiped all traces of VC from my system in a furious attempt to stop the install errors I kept getting... (this was a second install after a hard reset.. I had VC installed prior to the reset with no issues, but wiped my pc free of any VC to start with a fresh install. )