+ Reply to Thread

Thumbs down Verizon XV6600 Battery Extender

Has anyone had any luck finding a battery extender that works? I have tried two without any succes.

1) I had one that worked with my ipaq and the plug matched the dongle exactly. But the XV6600 would not charge from it.

2) I PURCHASED one from www.thepocketsolution.com. Put in the 4 batteries and no luck. There is an indicator light on the battery pack, but the XV6600 will not charge from it.

Quote from their Site:
    "The Verizon XV6600 Battery Extender is the best way to take your PDA with you on the road, but still be sure you'll have the power you need. Our charger works with 4 standard AA batteries, charges fast, and has built in circuit protection to prevent over charging. The Verizon XV6600 Battery Extender is an incredibly inexpensive way to be in the car, on the boat, or anywhere you need a charger. See all the other great accessories we have for this PDA here: SC"
    BTW - SUPPORT at POCKETSOLUTIONS will not respond AT ALL. I do NOT recomend them.

I am starting to think that the voltage of 4 AA's is greater then 5V and the XV6600 may have some type of protection.

If anyone has found one tha does work, please let me know. I need one!

I have the same type of unit from Boxwave and it seems to work fine on PPC-6601. I will admit that recharging is very slow.

Boxwave works fine.
    Don't even think about it....

My Boxwave unit also charges my Verizon XV6600.

THANKS!

Just placed my Order....

DONT GO TO POCKETSOLUTION.COM