+ Reply to Thread

6601 Arrived Today from Back Order!

For those of you waiting for your 6601....good news mine was shipped yesterday and arrived today!!!!!

Man, does it feel good to hold it again!!! I have been so lost without my calendar, contacts, email, web, GPS, Excel, and of course the games!

I just got back from a major manager's meeting with VPs of our company and our Client.....and it came one day too late to show it off to those who haven't had a chance to see it yet....I know pride will get you in trouble every time....but I just can't help it!

Now to install everything just perfect all over again!
    Hobbes
    Writer for WMExperts.com
    www.wmexperts.com/ | www.wmexperts.com/reviews/ | discussion.wmexperts.com/

LOL, Hobbes, I could've sold you mine

Congrats, BTW. I hope you watch out for the screen this time.

Which case did you tell me you were using that's thin leather and folds without bunching up?
    Last edited by TonyH; 02-09-2005 at 09:31 PM.

The Piel Frama case. I am not taking any chances this time...paranoid, I know...but just put on eGrips cut for the 6601 and love them.

I also got the Proporta case that has the medal screen protector inside the leather front. It is thicker, but I really like many of it's features over the Peil Frama. Like it has a piece on the top to stop the phone slipping out, the SD slots are indented so they do not touch the screen, and the flap folds down so no worries of folding it over. If you do want to fold it over it does have bigger "folding bulge" than the Frama (mainly due to the case being a little thicker) but not as bad as some others I have had in the past.
    Last edited by HobbesIsReal; 02-09-2005 at 09:56 PM.
    Hobbes
    Writer for WMExperts.com

Mine is here too! Quick question........ do I really need to charge for 8 hours? Or when it litghts up green am I good to go? I don't have any patience right now!
    LAK
    Sprint 6800/Mogul
    6700, 6600

Yeah, you can use it and then drop it back in the cradle when you're done. I know the feeling when ya have a new toy. lol

I usually keep mine in the cradle when I'm at my desk and use it while it is charging.

Originally posted by HobbesIsReal
    I also got the Proporta case that has the medal screen protector inside the leather front.
    You're referring to the Alu-leather (XdaIIi/XdaIIs/MdaIII/i-mate PDA2k/Qtek 9090/HTC Blue Angel - Flip Type)? The Proporta looks classy enough. I just don't like snaps on flips. Is that a magentic one?

How does the flat keyboard feel with that plastic covering it? I already have a hard time with the membrane switch keyboad without a thick plasic film. LOL

PPC6600 ROM=1.36.00 Ext=1.36.113 MannieBothans's Avatar

Proporta Flip Question re: 3000mAh Extended Batt

Hobbes, I thought you were slated to get a PPC-6600. At any rate, do you think the plastic keyboard cover would be stretched out too much (based on battery pictures) when using the hunchback 3000mAh? I think that would be an awesome combo, but I just can't imagine that the case would be big enough to accomodate the extra hump on the big boy battery.
    Just switched from PPC6700 to AT&T Tilt.

I am still getting this thing programmed...... which is taking forever, but what I great form factor! Very excited to run it through the motions for the next couple!
    LAK
    Sprint 6800/Mogul
    6700, 6600

Lets see if I can answer some of the questions:

6601 : The 6600 was pushed out again so I opted for the 6601. Which is for the best for me as I originally opted for the 6601 because of so many places starting to ban camera phones.

Here is the link to the case I am currently using:

http://www.proporta.com/F02/PPF02P05.php?t_id=755&t_mode=des&morecat=true

Extended Battery in Case: I would the one with the big hump would not work in this case at all. But if you used the 2000 one with simply extending the width of the top down to the bottom of the battery, I don't see a problem, as it can stretch to fit. But if you went back to the stock battery, it might be a little lose, but this case does have a stop tab at the top that will help with this.

Clip: It has a magnet clip on the front. I am waiting to see how much, if any, times I bump this open in my normal day.

Plastic Cover: I used it a lot with my Piel Frama case with the plastic and for me did not offer many challenges....but I think I can relate to the keyboard layout more than some others. It does take a little pratice as you cannot feel the little bumps...but for me not a major issue. Most people I have read on the forums seem to like this style of case well enough.

I hope this helps
    Last edited by HobbesIsReal; 02-10-2005 at 01:29 PM.
    Hobbes
    Writer for WMExperts.com

bdi
    Just recieved the peil frama case, flip top

I thought it was a magnetic closure but mine has a snap, add a couple of credit cards inside and it should protect the screen enough.
    I need to get keyguard working, when I close the case I am starting all sorts of programs and calling people I dont even know.

I use ScreenLock. It works great. Your send and end buttons are still able to answer and end calls. Your BT headset can still function.

Just in case you download, install and ask questions later, like I did, the unlock keys are messages+calendar

Originally posted by TonyH
    I use ScreenLock. It works great. Your send and end buttons are still able to answer and end calls. Your BT headset can still function.

Just in case you download, install and ask questions later, like I did, the unlock keys are messages+calendar
    Where do I find Screen Lock? and where is the beta of the ringer app? The one with different tones for each caller?

Tony, why do you like ScreenLock better than the built in lock found (at least on my XV) under Settings->System->Button Lock?

PPC6600 ROM=1.36.00 Ext=1.36.113 MannieBothans's Avatar
    Originally posted by JasonWilliam
    Tony, why do you like ScreenLock better than the built in lock found (at least on my XV) under Settings->System->Button Lock?
    I believe the built-in lock doesn't kill the screen.

Hobbes, did they tell you how far back the release of the PPC-6600 was "pushed?"
    Just switched from PPC6700 to AT&T Tilt.

Where can I download those apps? Anyone know?
    LAK
    Sprint 6800/Mogul
    6700, 6600

Originally posted by JasonWilliam
    Button Lock kills all buttons. Screenlock works better because it shuts down the screen, and keeps the TALK and END button active for taking phone calls. Also, I noticed Bluetooth headsets work well with ScreenLock.
    Last edited by TonyH; 02-11-2005 at 08:46 PM.

Originally posted by gameboy213
    Where can I download those apps? Anyone know?
    Here's a link for ScreenLock

http://www.pocketgear.com/software_detail.asp?id=14621