+ Reply to Thread

Connecting to Nortel Contivity with XV6600 through VPN

I Talked with Apani and they do not currently support Nortel Contivity connections over cellular, just wifi.

Has anybody gotten this to work?

I tried Movian, which authenticates, gets IP and DNS information, but I can not ping anything through the VPN.

Hmmm. I use a Nortel Contivity connection but not directly through the XV6600. I establish a DUN connection between the XV6600 and my Fujitsu. Once connected, I open the Contivity client and authenticate (User name, password, RSA card). Haven't explored a PDA only solution as it would be extremely rough on my eyes to use the systems I need to through the VPN.
    Mobile Pimp: Fujitsu P7010D, Audiovox 6600, Playstation PSP, iGo Juice (70), Kingston 5gb PC-Card, SDIO Socket Wifi, Socket BlueTooth GPS, Socket CF BT Adapter, PNY 4 in 1 Memory Adapter.

this would be a vx6600 only solution...so i could ssh in and get my corp email

i have used my powerbook with the apani client and a mobile phone

I'm stuck on the same problem.

Been emailing support_vpn@worldnet21.com to get help.

Has anyone made any progress on this yet? I would love to access my companies files via VPN through the 6600...

no new news

apani has not released anything yet...if i can get java working on pie or maybe i will try netfront...my company has a web based interface...but the java buttons do not show up....(they use nortel contivity authentication through it).

anyone have any luck with a java plugin for pie or netfront?

I tried a Java plugin with NetFront...I forget the name of it and will edit later when I get home to include...

Anyway, couldn't get it to work properly. I tried extensive sites like Popcap.com and simplier ones like the speedtests on DSLReports. JAva was detected and it seemed like it was attempting to load the apps, but nothing ever appeared. Tried reloading...nadda. I've been lucking for another Java package to try.
    Mobile Pimp: Fujitsu P7010D, Audiovox 6600, Playstation PSP, iGo Juice (70), Kingston 5gb PC-Card, SDIO Socket Wifi, Socket BlueTooth GPS, Socket CF BT Adapter, PNY 4 in 1 Memory Adapter.