+ Reply to Thread

Tricks the Cell Phone Gods Played On You....

Have you had an amazing cell phone disaster story or such a close call that it could of only been the Cell Phone Gods intervention that saved it? Here is mine tonight:

I just got approve to upgrade my PPC-6601 to a 6600 with a camera. But I was undecided if I really wanted to because so many places are starting to ban camera phones now.

Well fate made this choice for me. The cell phone Gods must have a wicked sense of humor and love to toy with me!

I went to take my son to see the Winnie The Pooh's Heffalump Movie tonight. On the way out to the car, he wanted to race...so we did. Half way to the car, my brand spanking new 6601 fell off my belt (I guess I didn't clip it on all the way), slammed on the pavement, the flap to my Proporta case then fell open as it slid face up along the parking lot. As luck would have it, the phone skidded right in front of my son (who of course was running) and he stepped on it and slid about two more feet on the phone!

Man of all the stinking luck, waiting so long, finally being so excited to have it back, just installed everything just right, and now I saw it all skidding away with my son riding it like a skateboard!

To my 3 yr old's credit, he stayed up and didn't fall. But I was scared to look at the phone.

When I picked it up and finally opened my eyes, the first thing I saw were 5 pin sized dents along the right hand side and just knew that as soon as I turned the screen on it would be a perfect spider web for a cracked screen.....but it did not!!!!!!!!!!!

This is either a true testimony that the 660x really is well built or that the extra protection the Proporta case offered during the initial impact was well worth the case.....or probably more true to the point a lot of both! (now just praying cracks creep across in the next day or so!)

So needless to say I don't think trying to upgrade a brand new day old dented phone will go over too well at the Sprint store, so my choice is made....I'm sticking with the 6001 and love it!

When was the last time you had the Cell Phone Gods start to play with you?
    Hobbes
    Writer for WMExperts.com
    www.wmexperts.com/ | www.wmexperts.com/reviews/ | discussion.wmexperts.com/

i dropped my old tmobile ppc many times while in the case. it had quite a few scratches on the edge but never broke. i'm hoping the eb slipper case offers similar protection. i've dropped my phone twice already. so far so good. knock on my phone. (i mean wood )

i dropped my old tmobile ppc many times while in the case. it had quite a few scratches on the edge but never broke. i'm hoping the eb slipper case offers similar protection. i've dropped my phone twice already. so far so good. knock on my phone. (i mean wood )

Ive already posted it, but I can remember dropping my 6601 from the top of my basement stairs, and watched it bounce off ever single naked wooden stair until it hit the concrete basement. Couple of scuffs were the only damage.

Things kind of go in slow motion dont they!?
    iPhone 3GS !!