+ Reply to Thread

EVDO in Orange County?

Can anyone who live or traveled to Orange County please tell me if EVDO is on in this area.

Thanks.

You may want to say which state Orange county is in. I can name 3 states off the top of my head with an Orange County.
    -Lee
    Samsung i730
    Ridata 1GB SD Card, Transcend 4GB SD card, PPC Tech Audio Adapter

Orange County in Southern California. Anaheim to be exact. Thanks.

Originally posted by jonlien
    Orange County in Southern California. Anaheim to be exact. Thanks.
    Its only in LA city...coming to a theater near you soon!!!!!
    Funny it worked.....the last time! Now I am not sure what was working before they put a hole in my head !

Originally posted by equus
    Its only in LA city...coming to a theater near you soon!!!!!
    Wrong - BroadbandAccess is available in Los Angeles, and Orange counties. This threads/questions are redundant since Verizon puts a very nice, easy to use coverage locator on their website.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/C...ype=NEWREQUEST

Talking

That is just terrific!! I love EVDO.

I think that map is a little optimistic. I live just outside Orange County, well within the area indicated as broadband, and I don't have broadband. I do connect to the EVDO network, it's just not @ broadband speeds.

Originally posted by aarong
    Wrong - BroadbandAccess is available in Los Angeles, and Orange counties. This threads/questions are redundant since Verizon puts a very nice, easy to use coverage locator on their website.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/C...ype=NEWREQUEST
    I work in fountain valley and don't have that yet!!!
    Funny it worked.....the last time! Now I am not sure what was working before they put a hole in my head !

Exactly! I did a short Beta test with Verizon's PCMCIA wireless card, which also uses the EVDO network, and didn't see broadband speeds until I was downtown LA. I started off on the 210, out by Pomona, and kept driving all the way to LA...testing every 5 miles. It wasn't until I was actually downtown by the Staples Center that I saw broadband. I tried the same test in Fountain Valley and Huntington Beach and had terrible results.

So I should expect speeds like a 56K dial-up modem? Hopefully, Verizon will deploy EVDO to most of Southern California soon.

So I should expect speeds like a 56K dial-up modem? Hopefully, Verizon will deploy EVDO to most of Southern California soon.
    Soon I hope...I retire in about 15 years and may be it shows up here at that time!!!! Release dates traditionally have not been VZW's strong corporate points,rules or policies....

Originally posted by sullivad
    I think that map is a little optimistic. I live just outside Orange County, well within the area indicated as broadband, and I don't have broadband. I do connect to the EVDO network, it's just not @ broadband speeds.
    That's a tower issue, not a coverage issue. However you slice it, the towers there support EVDO; unfortunately they're being over used and you're not getting anything above 130Kbps. You do know NationalAccess/1xRTT/non-BroadbandAcesss tops out at 144Kbps (more around 130Kbps real world)

Hardly. From Santa Monica, Beverly Hills, West Hollywood, downtown LA, Long Beach, Seal Beach, and Irvine all have excellent speeds and coverage.